Blonde to ash brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shal23

Reaction score
I have been having a nightmare wirh a client who i just can not seem to lighten without her hair throwing out so many different warm tones. Only problem is her hair is highlighted with a base 5. So imagine mid lengths and ends shades of medium brown, blonde and orange. Now can i neutralise the orange without turning the blonde grey and changing dimension on brown without having to individually foil out the orange? If not then what is the best velvasilk ash brown colour to use. Thanks

I have been having a nightmare wirh a client who i just can not seem to lighten without her hair throwing out so many different warm tones. Only problem is her hair is highlighted with a base 5. So imagine mid lengths and ends shades of medium brown, blonde and orange. Now can i neutralise the orange without turning the blonde grey and changing dimension on brown without having to individually foil out the orange? If not then what is the best velvasilk ash brown colour to use. Thanks
I personally would free hand paint it on to the sections you need. Or foil it, otherwise you're kind of looking for the impossible. What will neutralise the orange will definitely have an effect on on the blonde. The only thing I can think of if you're looking to apply 1 colour all over would be to pre pig it all with orange and then apply your ash base colour. But this won't leave you with a multi tone result but it will stop the blonde going grey/ green

I personally would free hand paint it on to the sections you need. Or foil it, otherwise you're kind of looking for the impossible. What will neutralise the orange will definitely have an effect on on the blonde. The only thing I can think of if you're looking to apply 1 colour all over would be to pre pig it all with orange and then apply your ash base colour. But this won't leave you with a multi tone result but it will stop the blonde going grey/ green
Yes thats an idea. Her hair is pretty bad at the ends so m guessing the brown wont grab on them anyway. Thanks for that 🙂

Latest posts

Back