Blonde to bronde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylu95

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client who would like to go from a golden (bleached) blonde to a "bronde" to me it looks like a light beige brown with pieces of blonde going through..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453477329.245973.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453477343.518313.jpg

Her hair has previously had bleach and has been blonde for a long time (similar to pic no.1)
She wants to get as close to pic no.2 as possible.

In Rusk colours I would say to use 8.13B with blonde (bleach) flashes and perhaps a few pieces of 6.8CH. However I am able to use other colour brands if they are more appropriate.

I was trained in pre-pigmenting hair, however I have worked in a salon for roughly 2 years now without ever pre-pigmenting hair. As it is a quiet salon in a quiet town we don't get many creative requests or colour corrections and it's not something my manager offers. As it is a quiet salon I'm not as confident as I should be in creative colouring or colour corrections as I haven't had the chance to experiment or practice.

Would you advise me to pre-pig the hair before colouring?
And would you achieve the second look through foiling technique or all free hand? (I've never done balayage)
And if foiling would you advise to colour hair in between foils too?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I had a similar client a few weeks ago, v. Highlights, a bit lighter than your pic, wanted "Chocolate brown" (her words!) but still keeping some blonde so it looked multi tonal. I foiled out some blonde with conditioner then applied pre-pig just used a 7kg colorance and dried it into hair. I have also done it before with a copper mousse but I didn't have any this time. Normally I would rinse pre-pig off then dry and apply colour but cos it was tricky with the foils and would have got too messy, I just wiped any excess off and then went in with my colour. I used a 6b & 6n as she wanted a warm brown.
Also used olaplex to help with porosity. End result was really nice. I was tempted to put a mix tone in with the colour to save time with pre pig but her hair was really long and didn't want to risk it not working so I prob did it the long way round but got a good result and client was happy.

Thankyou, I was trained in the way you don't rinse pre-pig out you just Blowdry it in?

I think it's down to personal preference (and time!) If I use a mousse I tend to dry in then just go over with colour but if I use a semi or Demi I like to rinse and dry to check the under tones before I decide on my next colour!

I have never used a mouse to pre colour is it as good as using semi colour? i use dia richesse and dia light i find sometimes they grab too much when pre pigging? has anyone else used them?

Schwarzkopf mousse is great for pre pigging

I might get shot down here but I don't think you would need to pre pig .. My thoughts would be ;
Root: 6/1 & 6/3 stretched slightly
Lowlight : 8/13
Tone : 9/02 dia milkshake

I hope you're right, I've been thinking a lot about it. It seems such a simple colour but I panic as soon as it comes to pre-pigging especially if I'm foiling as its so fiddly..

I hope you're right, I've been thinking a lot about it. It seems such a simple colour but I panic as soon as it comes to pre-pigging especially if I'm foiling as its so fiddly..
I agree .. You can totally over think things ( I do anyhow)

I would not prepig here it's on a level 8 so no need firstly I'd tip do the root with maybe 1/2 of 7.01 and 1/2 8.01 bleeding the root and using the base colour for scattered lowlights that will clean up and of the brassy tones while giving it that ash hue I'd then tone at the basin using something like 9.21 with 10vol to clean the ends up all in alfaparf tell her it will take around 2 or 3 sittings to get desired colour and that will give u plenty of time to clean out the ends perfectly

I would not prepig here it's on a level 8 so no need firstly I'd tip do the root with maybe 1/2 of 7.01 and 1/2 8.01 bleeding the root and using the base colour for scattered lowlights that will clean up and of the brassy tones while giving it that ash hue I'd then tone at the basin using something like 9.21 with 10vol to clean the ends up all in alfaparf tell her it will take around 2 or 3 sittings to get desired colour and that will give u plenty of time to clean out the ends perfectly

Its going to fade really fast if you don't prepigment.

No need to pre pig on 8 or above shel only be toning to away the gold and the gold that will b there will b a slight under coat for the low lights before she tones prob will fade a bit but again that's why I'd always say a couple of sittings to get it perfect [emoji6]

No need to pre pig on 8 or above shel only be toning to away the gold and the gold that will b there will b a slight under coat for the low lights before she tones prob will fade a bit but again that's why I'd always say a couple of sittings to get it perfect [emoji6]

When going 2 or more depths darker you should always prepig.

Latest posts

Back