Blonde to brown to blonde 😩

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User 1888

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a client who is naturally a base 7 who has pixie ish length hair. Would say at the longest point perhaps 5 inch. She has had bleached white grey/platinum hair for the last 15 years I would say. Anywho, after last lockdown she decided for low maintenance to go brown (with approx 1.5inch regrowth at this point) .....
I prepigged with a colour mousse and used an equal mix of koleston 6/77 and 7/7. The result was lovely. Took her some getting used to but she's had a couple of cuts since and it still looks lovely. Albeit the colour had lightened probably to a level 7 but not enough for roots to be noticible.
Fast forward to now. Obviously at present we are back in lockdown however she has messaged me suggesting that the next time we meet she would like the brown removing and go back blonde 😂🙈 and would like to know my thoughts.
How would you guys tackle it?
I'm conscious of the virgin regrowth, the previous regrowth coloured at a current level 7 and then the previously bleached, filled and coloured hair.
I'm hoping a good cut will eliminate most of the latter however don't want to make promises I can't keep.
I'm prepared to manage expectations with regard to lift however I haven't done bleach to brown to bleach before in 3 sittings on such short hair 🙈

Hi all.

I have a client who is naturally a base 7 who has pixie ish length hair. Would say at the longest point perhaps 5 inch. She has had bleached white grey/platinum hair for the last 15 years I would say. Anywho, after last lockdown she decided for low maintenance to go brown (with approx 1.5inch regrowth at this point) .....
I prepigged with a colour mousse and used an equal mix of koleston 6/77 and 7/7. The result was lovely. Took her some getting used to but she's had a couple of cuts since and it still looks lovely. Albeit the colour had lightened probably to a level 7 but not enough for roots to be noticible.
Fast forward to now. Obviously at present we are back in lockdown however she has messaged me suggesting that the next time we meet she would like the brown removing and go back blonde 😂🙈 and would like to know my thoughts.
How would you guys tackle it?
I'm conscious of the virgin regrowth, the previous regrowth coloured at a current level 7 and then the previously bleached, filled and coloured hair.
I'm hoping a good cut will eliminate most of the latter however don't want to make promises I can't keep.
I'm prepared to manage expectations with regard to lift however I haven't done bleach to brown to bleach before in 3 sittings on such short hair 🙈
I personally would do a strand test on a section of hair that is longest. This way it will reveal any banding or problem areas. I should imagine this one will be quite straight forward. I'd go in with bleach 4% on the coloured ends first, allow to lift to a clean level 8 then go back through and apply bleach and 6% on the roots and allow to lift to desired level. Then tone :)

How did it go? I prepiged a client a while a go with illumina(7.7/8.37)kept refreshing ends with color touch(7.7/7.75), both with 1.9 turned out great,but when she asked to go lighter I couldn't lift at all,tried a 10/ with 12%,bleach with 1.9....nothing,her hair was really dry and porous so didn't want to try a color reducer,would love to know how it went for you

Ohh,sorry to hear that,I'm in Spain,we have some restrictions in some areas but allowed to open,hope you're able to overcome that punch,best wishes

How did it go? I prepiged a client a while a go with illumina(7.7/8.37)kept refreshing ends with color touch(7.7/7.75), both with 1.9 turned out great,but when she asked to go lighter I couldn't lift at all,tried a 10/ with 12%,bleach with 1.9....nothing,her hair was really dry and porous so didn't want to try a color reducer,would love to know how it went for you
Hi! Well I have done it and It went surprisingly well! I had previously prepigged with indola colour mousee. I pretty much did as ronray suggested. I only used 6% as it had previously been platinum and I didn't want to cause damage. It lifted to a pale orange colour which I was both surprised and happy with. I used a 9/81 to neutralise the orange and it is now a lovely blonde.

Very happy for you,glad to see your open again,and that you pulled that color correction so we'll.
Best wishes from Spain

hope everyone will work soon((

Thanks. We’re still in lockdown and closed in Ireland. 😥
It was really hard here too at least at the beginning,lots of salons didn't have the capacity to open back after lockdown,very very sad,so many years trying to build up a name and suddenly gone, I really hope you pull through,and wish you the best

Latest posts

Back