Blonde to brunette and back again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 143741

Reaction score
Hi
Up until last November 2019, I had blonde hair....a kind of blonde that disguised my greys really well. Plus, I used Osmo shampoo which made my hair look pretty funky.

Anyway, I went back to brunette and now I am wishing I stayed blonde! I was blonde for around 6 years!

Will it damage my hair if I went blonde again?

Is there away of going back to blonde without using bleach?

What's the best way to camaflage the greys?

Please don't tell me to embrace the grey......I'm not ready for that!

All advice much appreciated!

Thsnkyou

Hi
Up until last November 2019, I had blonde hair....a kind of blonde that disguised my greys really well. Plus, I used Osmo shampoo which made my hair look pretty funky.

Anyway, I went back to brunette and now I am wishing I stayed blonde! I was blonde for around 6 years!

Will it damage my hair if I went blonde again?

Is there away of going back to blonde without using bleach?

What's the best way to camaflage the greys?

Please don't tell me to embrace the grey......I'm not ready for that!

All advice much appreciated!

Thsnkyou
If you visit a professional who knows their stuff, they won't need to use bleach to remove the darker colour. Blonde will definitely be easier to maintain if your hair is white or a very light grey.
If your root is a darker grey, white mixed with your natural colour then a darker blonde may be more suitable so your natural root won't seem dark against the blonde.

Thankyou so much!

Where are you based? Maybe do it for me? Ha ha

I would love to, but I'm in South Wales.

Hi, I was blonde up until November last year (2019) and was that colour for around 5 years. Then, that month, I decided to go back to my natural colour of medium brunette. I miss the blonde for a few reasons, the main one being that my current hair colour shows my greys more (no...I am not ready to embrace the grey).

My questions are there: is it possible to go back to blonde (ice blonde) without the use of bleach? Or, if bleach is needed to go back to blonde, will it ruin my hair because I would be changing my colour so soon ie having different hair chemicals in my hair?

Hi, I was blonde up until November last year (2019) and was that colour for around 5 years. Then, that month, I decided to go back to my natural colour of medium brunette. I miss the blonde for a few reasons, the main one being that my current hair colour shows my greys more (no...I am not ready to embrace the grey).

My questions are there: is it possible to go back to blonde (ice blonde) without the use of bleach? Or, if bleach is needed to go back to blonde, will it ruin my hair because I would be changing my colour so soon ie having different hair chemicals in my hair?
You need to find a good hairdresser who is competent in colour changes and colour correction. I can't imagine it can be done without bleach. But if you're concerned make sure your stylist uses Olaplex too.

@ronray where is South Wales are you based? I'm after a new hairdresser in South Wales.

Latest posts

Back