Blonde to brunette problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilehair

Reaction score
Hello all! I have a client that I’ve been highlighting to a level 10 for a long time, hair in reasonable condition. We do a lot of highlights so it’s almost a full head of blonde.
she wanted to go darker and add some warmth (coppers/reds).

I foiled all over with L’Oréal dialight 7.43 and majirel 7.35 (with 20vol) all over. I then applied to the hair in between the foil packets L’Oréal Luocolor 7....so the entire head was tinted.

The Luocolor in between took well (I know I should prob have prepigmented) the copper colour dialight was good BUT the majirel 7.35 did almost nothing apart from an odd blonde colour but not the colour it should have been.....what did I do wrong?

Hello all! I have a client that I’ve been highlighting to a level 10 for a long time, hair in reasonable condition. We do a lot of highlights so it’s almost a full head of blonde.
she wanted to go darker and add some warmth (coppers/reds).

I foiled all over with L’Oréal dialight 7.43 and majirel 7.35 (with 20vol) all over. I then applied to the hair in between the foil packets L’Oréal Luocolor 7....so the entire head was tinted.

The Luocolor in between took well (I know I should prob have prepigmented) the copper colour dialight was good BUT the majirel 7.35 did almost nothing apart from an odd blonde colour but not the colour it should have been.....what did I do wrong?
7.35 isn't extremely pigmented and putting it over a level 10 will mean before it's even gone down to an 8 you've lost all tonal quality and then by the time it's gone right down to a 7 you've got a something or nothing level 7 which probably won't last very well with it being a permanent tint. You would be better using a demi and prepigmenting first. You will need to pre pig with gold and orange. Then maybe use 7.35 which will add tone and depth after the hair has been filled.

7.35 isn't extremely pigmented and putting it over a level 10 will mean before it's even gone down to an 8 you've lost all tonal quality and then by the time it's gone right down to a 7 you've got a something or nothing level 7 which probably won't last very well with it being a permanent tint. You would be better using a demi and prepigmenting first. You will need to pre pig with gold and orange. Then maybe use 7.35 which will add tone and depth after the hair has been filled.
Thank you!!

You can use chromative to precolour the packets for thenlowlights. Use the corresponding shade apply and wipe off excess and apply desired Majirel shade.
Definitely need to pre colour for LUO. You could have used richesse to drop to the 7 without pre colouring. However it wouldn’t last as long

Latest posts

Back