Blonde to dark and back to blonde again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRx

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who last year was lighter last year. She is a natural base 5 and had a full head tint of a golden colour (think it was 6G/7G matrix) then bleach highlights through it.
She then went all dark again close to her natural colour (base 5) in October.
She is now wanting to go back lighter again just trying to work out the best way to do this?
Was thinking 6G/7G all over then highlight but know that tint doesn't lift tint so the ends would probably still be darker. The ends have faded quite a bit since tinting it in October obviously because they have been previously bleached. Dont know if I should bleach bath first or what would be best. Obviously dont want to be processing any more than what has to be done.
Any advice is appreciated :)

If the ends are quite dark I would bleach bath to try and get them the same as roots then proceed to h/l and flood

Hiya, How light does she want to go have you got a picture of the desired result? X

Hiya, How light does she want to go have you got a picture of the desired result? X

Hi thanx for replying. She just wants it how she had it before so about a base 7 with bleach highlights, just trying to work out the best way to do it and keep her hair in best possible condition as it has been previously bleached. x

If the ends are quite dark I would bleach bath to try and get them the same as roots then proceed to h/l and flood

The ends arent any darker than her roots shes about a 5 all over. I just meant the tint would lift ok on her roots but not the ends as they are tinted. x

I would gentle lift the base 5 out to a mid/light orange and then highlight and tone tint with a blue ash undertone in my tint

I would gentle lift the base 5 out to a mid/light orange and then highlight and tone tint with a blue ash undertone in my tint

By gentle lift do you mean bleach bath? x

Also would the blue ash not cancel out the golden colour I am going for? x

Yea bleach shampoo or mild lightner, although you want it golden lifting and toning with a base 8 will always have a strong gold result no matter what you use, but you could do it softer if you still wanted some of the warmth eg just use 8/1 base with some ash to soften the orange to a golden tone

Also using gold/caramel highlights will give you the gold look I just feel it should maybe have a softer base? :)

Also using gold/caramel highlights will give you the gold look I just feel it should maybe have a softer base? :)

Ok think I get you now thanx xx

Yea bleach shampoo or mild lightner, although you want it golden lifting and toning with a base 8 will always have a strong gold result no matter what you use, but you could do it softer if you still wanted some of the warmth eg just use 8/1 base with some ash to soften the orange to a golden tone

So when it comes to doing her roots again would it match up with 8/1 again? x

So when it comes to doing her roots again would it match up with 8/1 again? x

Next time you'd be able to match her roots up to your target shade as that hair will be virgin :) x

Next time you'd be able to match her roots up to your target shade as that hair will be virgin :) x

Ok thanx x av just realised I said I was going for a base 7 so is the 8-1 recommended will it come out as a 7 after bleach bath? :confused::confused: x

Ok thanx x av just realised I said I was going for a base 7 so is the 8-1 recommended will it come out as a 7 after bleach bath? :confused::confused: x

You should tone to whatever base you lift it to so if thats a 7, use something on the 7 line xx

The 8/1 will drop to a 7. Ash always drops a level. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Even go half 8/1 + Half 7/1 if you want but as hair has been lifted and cuticles open it will drop darker, and I just said 8/1 as a guide change it to ur desired shade.

Also after being pre lightened the hair will fade to different colour so when it comes to do re growth you will have to re asses

Latest posts

Back