Blonde to dark Dia Richesse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChannyPea

Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking for a little help... The hair to begin with is a natural root level 8/7 and a lot of natural ash, the mid length and ends are previously bleached in places (balayage).. I have been putting a level 5 Dia richesse on but the roots are fading warm and the rest of the hair is fading fast, should I use a different vol or longer development time? I’m thinking of putting a 5.01 on next time to tone done the warm maybe even adding a touch of level 4 natural, leaving on the roots for quite a bit longer before taking it through the ends? As the very ends are quite porous. Does anybody think the natural root might not be taking well enough with the semi does it need a permnenet ideally or just a different vol? The end goal is rich all over dark, Argh confused, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, by natural ash do you mean grey hair ? Also having their hair bleached in the past I would have pre pigged the whole head and then put a permanent level 5 on. Also in L’Oréal range 5.00 is really good for greys and coverage.

A demi or semi usually offers better coverage on porous bleached hair but I agree with @BethWood, that you’d normally pre-pig hair when dropping 2 levels or more, otherwise it will look flat and fade more quickly. If it’s very porous, a porosity equaliser should also be used.
However, I’m not a L’Oréal expert...

Hi, I’m looking for a little help... The hair to begin with is a natural root level 8/7 and a lot of natural ash, the mid length and ends are previously bleached in places (balayage).. I have been putting a level 5 Dia richesse on but the roots are fading warm and the rest of the hair is fading fast, should I use a different vol or longer development time? I’m thinking of putting a 5.01 on next time to tone done the warm maybe even adding a touch of level 4 natural, leaving on the roots for quite a bit longer before taking it through the ends? As the very ends are quite porous. Does anybody think the natural root might not be taking well enough with the semi does it need a permnenet ideally or just a different vol? The end goal is rich all over dark, Argh confused, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hiya!

If the hairs fading warm and you want to eventually be dark all over I would pre pig with 6.3 dialight , rinse and dry off then apply your 5.01 with 6vol if there’s no white hairs that need covering. I’ve attarched the dialight pre colour chart xx

Attachments

• B86464D2-000E-44EC-82BC-CF7792E4AF20.png
    B86464D2-000E-44EC-82BC-CF7792E4AF20.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Back