Blonde to dark!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrselliott

Reaction score
I have a client who is naturally a base 3. She has been having highlights for a long time. We use bleach and 12/11.
She now wants to go back to her natural colour. I'm not too sure what to use as I don't want it to go khaki.
What are your suggestions.
I have added a picture of her now and what she wants.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363814398.523861.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363814398.523861.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 369
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363814408.163816.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363814408.163816.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 279
Pre pig copper and I would go for a 4.34 xoxo

I'd pre pig red for a base 4 and below.

Make sure you PRE-PIG best advice, or it will go kharki colour wil look awful.

This is a fairly easy colour correction, make sure you have red in your mix to combat the khaki or pre pig prior.

I'd pre pig red for a base 4 and below.

See I'd go copper, it would turn out slightly lighter and the warmth in a 434 would cover the missing alone xoxo

I hate colour corrections! Even more when it's your best friend!
With wella could I add the mix tone to the colour with out having to pre pig?

See I'd go copper, it would turn out slightly lighter and the warmth in a 434 would cover the missing alone xoxo

I don't think the copper would be enough tone as the undertone for a 3 is red.
I'd pre pig red and colour with a 4 as this would give a bit of flexibility with it grabbing.

Could always go with equal copper and red and then it's a best of both worlds lol

I hate colour corrections! Even more when it's your best friend!
With wella could I add the mix tone to the colour with out having to pre pig?

Yes.
Or if u r using ct to colour? If so I'd pre pig with perfecton. Neat with either 0/43 or 0/44 ( with whichever tone u decide to pre pig with). This will even out porosity an will help give a more even color

5/0 and 5/4 are beautiful together, if you pre pig, I'd pre pig red then 5/0 flat otherwise would be too red unless she wants it to look quite red x

5/0 and 5/4 are beautiful together, if you pre pig, I'd pre pig red then 5/0 flat otherwise would be too red unless she wants it to look quite red x

I'd colour with a darker base as she wants to go back to her natural which is a 3

I didn't read the 3.0 if your going as dark as a 3 3/0 with some red mixed in will be fine as it will be deep enough to hold and not go khaki as fades.... The pic looks about a 4/5 to me,

But have you advised just how much of a change this will be and how difficult it will be should dye not like it?

I'm not sure if this works for all colour lines, but redken now advise to use a copper base for darker levels too, unless they want a colour with red in cause they say its easier counteract copper than red.
I haven't put it to the test yet, I'm a wella user. Doing my level 3 at college and they use redken.

I have a client who is naturally a base 3. She has been having highlights for a long time. We use bleach and 12/11.
She now wants to go back to her natural colour. I'm not too sure what to use as I don't want it to go khaki.
What are your suggestions.
I have added a picture of her now and what she wants.

Are you positive that this client is a natural 3? From the picture she appears to be more of a 5 to me? Of course it is a photo I am looking at, but still... The blondes you are able to achieve seem awfully clean for a natural 3 base?

Are you positive that this client is a natural 3? From the picture she appears to be more of a 5 to me? Of course it is a photo I am looking at, but still... The blondes you are able to achieve seem awfully clean for a natural 3 base?

I thought looked a 5 too, like I said above I didn't even 3 as base tone :S

Yeah defiantly a 3. Asian hair too so very coarse. The bits that look like a 5 are actually laugh lights with 12/11!! Takes hell of a lot to lift her hair!

Or even high lights lol

Oh ok the pic of her now the peachy pink dress? She looks english, it must be the lighting thwn that look 5 unless she has a lighter all through, im def looking at regrowth so must be the lighting.

So long as you make her fully aware the consequences of going dark if she doesnt like it, and in my experience make sure she wants too, rare anyone likes such a drastic change when they are unsure!

3 base with red will be fine x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I didn't pre pig I just used red mix to my tint I didn't know how much of red so I used a lot hahaha

I didn't pre pig I just used red mix to my tint I didn't know how much of red so I used a lot hahaha

Never normally more than 1/2 n 1/2 will come out too red depending on desired shade and fade quicker too

Latest posts

Back