Blonde to dark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura28x

Reaction score
L'Oreal please :)
I have a client with grown out highlights - natural base 6 - she was to go an all over flat brown. She is looking to go about a base 5.. Obviously I need to pre pig which I was going to do with a semi beforehand, but which one would be best to use? Also would I be best to use a base 6 in majirel to colour after pre pig as I don't want it to grab & go to dark due to the hair being porous?

Hiya you could use dialight to pre pig or use mouses ,for a base 5 I always use red/copper I know some people use red to pre pig but I use red for below 5 so that's your preference and if the hair is porous it will tend to grab so you may be safer doing one shade lighter or you could do half 5 and half 6 xx

Last edited:
7.43 or 6.34 dialight to pre pig. Loreal have a pre pig chart, I don't use it any more but sure I saw it on a thread not so long ago! Why you thinking of using majirel? If there's not much grey I would go in with diarichease after as my target shade. I find it's not as flat as majirel x

If you precolour with Dialight the technically correct shade would be 6.3 + 6vol for up to 15mins. But if you feel the hair is very sensitised personally I would mix it with 6.34 to add a touch more warmth.

I would use Diarichesse for the level 5 color. Since you are only going one level darker than her natural, and the ends are porous you can mix the colour with 6 vol to prevent it going too dark.

If you use have to use permanent colour afterwards then you can use reduce the development time on the ends by about half (e.g. instead of take through immediately, take though for 15) But I think you will get a much better result with Diarichesse and it will fade more on tone, where as the Majirel will have a stronger regrowth and fade warmer.

Another tip if you ever have to use the diarichesse as lowlights in foils when it will be on for a long time you can make 1/4 -1/2 of your mixture clear to stop it developing too dark.

=)

If you precolour with Dialight the technically correct shade would be 6.3 + 6vol for up to 15mins. But if you feel the hair is very sensitised personally I would mix it with 6.34 to add a touch more warmth.

I would use Diarichesse for the level 5 color. Since you are only going one level darker than her natural, and the ends are porous you can mix the colour with 6 vol to prevent it going too dark.

If you use have to use permanent colour afterwards then you can use reduce the development time on the ends by about half (e.g. instead of take through immediately, take though for 15) But I think you will get a much better result with Diarichesse and it will fade more on tone, where as the Majirel will have a stronger regrowth and fade warmer.

Another tip if you ever have to use the diarichesse as lowlights in foils when it will be on for a long time you can make 1/4 -1/2 of your mixture clear to stop it developing too dark.

=)

That's brilliant, thank you so much for you help!! Thanks everyone. I will be using the dia richesse for the overall colour I think. X

Sorry to add something different to the end of this..... I’m not a hairdresser & could t get to my app this week and feel pretty desperate. I don’t have a base shade 5 but if I mixed a diariches 6 (mostly) with 4 with 6%vol will I get a similar colour to base 5 shade?

Sorry to add something different to the end of this..... I’m not a hairdresser & could t get to my app this week and feel pretty desperate. I don’t have a base shade 5 but if I mixed a diariches 6 (mostly) with 4 with 6%vol will I get a similar colour to base 5 shade?

I’m really sorry but it’s against site rules for hair professionals to give detailed technical information or colour formulas to those who are untrained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back