Blonde to deep red advice????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cath Dunbar

Reaction score
Hi guys! Im in the beauty industry just not hair and i have a query if any one can help?
I have blonde hair bleached not white! I want to put a red (not ginger) colour on my hair! Ive seen a deep intense red by Garnier. Is there any other steps i need to take or will i be ok doing this???? I don't want it pink or orange:eek: just a deep red! I want to do it now or i never will, been wanting to for about a year but been too scared as ive been blonde for 30 years as im also natural blonde. I know i should go hair dressers but i have trouble trusting them! Any advice would be great????
I'm not wanting to know brands just am i able! I know hairdressers can give me advice but was told by a friend i am best asking you guys! And as im a member on here anyways i thought it would be best!

Last edited:
Hi guys! Im in the beauty industry just not hair and i have a query if any one can help?
I have blonde hair bleached not white! I want to put a red (not ginger) colour on my hair! Ive seen a deep intense red by Garnier. Is there any other steps i need to take or will i be ok doing this???? I don't want it pink or orange:eek: just a deep red! I want to do it now or i never will, been wanting to for about a year but been too scared as ive been blonde for 30 years as im also natural blonde. I know i should go hair dressers but i have trouble trusting them! Any advice would be great????
I'm not wanting to know brands just am i able! I know hairdressers can give me advice but was told by a friend i am best asking you guys! And as im a member on here anyways i thought it would be best!

Hi , professional hairdressers dont use over the counter box colours,
as we are trained to use profesional colours only,
which have a lot of different rules on depths and tones ect,

You could ring up the helpline provided on the box as only the manufactures would know how the box colour would perform over the blonde.

also salon geek rules state we arnt really allowed to give advice on
over the counter products
as its only for proffessionals using professional products ,

please dont do it yourself as it could go horribly wrong :cry:

I would suggest you go to a college where the level three students do advanced colour correction :) , you would be in very good hands there, and an ecxellent Tutor will be able to oversee the whole process for you,

and on the plus side it wouldnt be too expensive,

hope this helps :)

Thanks. I didnt want advice on over the counter products as i know you dont use those and can not reccomend! I since found out the with already being blonde will make the results brighter and more to the box colour! As long as i check the box first for the ok with blonde hair.
Thanks for the reply xx:)

Hmmm, I´m sorry but box color will not provide the necessary amount of pigment needed for a deep red in bleached blonde hair. You just don´t have the underlying pigment needed for the color to penetrateand stay in your hair shaft. I would totally reccomend going to a colorist that specializes in tint back color. If you do it yourself you will most definitely regret it and end up paying twice as much as you would by going to a pro. Good Luck ;)

Before you apply deep red color over blonde you need to make your hair ginger first .Ask your colorist if he/she knows about filler .

yeah you probably wont get the result you want first time (doing it yourself) but even if you did it would fade extremly quickly to a pink/orange so it really would be best to go to a pro to get it done the first time..like someone said, the college is a good idea, they're always supervised and its cheap prices........good luck!

Latest posts

Back