Blonde to ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemjems

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have a client in soon with a previous full head of bleach highlights now wanting to go for an ombre effect.
I understand the technique of a root stretch and considering using 2 colours to smudge into the mid lengths however not too sure on formulas!
I'm thinking of using Loreal dialight as the semi will last longer on the pre lightened sections. Her natural base is a 7.

Could I go straight in with a 6.3/smudged down to an 8.3 or do you think I need to pre pig first to ensure the colour holds?

I'm an ombre beginner!!

I was on a loreal course Monday and the educator went through all the products. One of her benefits of dia richesse was it can darken 4 levels without pre-colouring which I wasn't aware of before so depending on how light your client is then it should be fine. She said the dialight was fine for darkening 2 levels.

sometimes i have found that the dia colour can grab on porous ends, and then goes darker than expected

I was on a loreal course Monday and the educator went through all the products. One of her benefits of dia richesse was it can darken 4 levels without pre-colouring which I wasn't aware of before so depending on how light your client is then it should be fine. She said the dialight was fine for darkening 2 levels.
would you still have to use a warm shade if not prepigging? thanks

would you still have to use a warm shade if not prepigging? thanks
I don't really use dialight much any more as I am a goldwell salon so someone else may be better qualified to answer than me but personally if it was v.light before, I would use a warm shade.

Latest posts

Back