Blonde to pink - advice needed for lockdown hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattyfudge

Reaction score
Help needed! Been over 6 years since I did hair and even then I wasn’t very good!
anyway, my niece wants to have a pink balayage type (see attached - she has put her face on her desired hair style ) she currently has the root and the blond is I would say an 8 and maybe 9 in places. Have attached her current hair colour too.
05AD1D9D-1521-44DF-BF74-153FDEFA2327.jpeg

shall I bleach to lift to a 10? Easiest way to do this? Would I be better painting it in and leaving the root as it is? I’ve got the Blondor powder.
I ordered wella colour fresh create nu-dist pink but not sure what to do with it to achieve the desired colour. Any help and advice would be much appreciated! Lockdown home hair colouring!!! Also the only peroxide I have at home is welloxon 12%, 9%, 6% and the Pastel.
She is soon to be 16 and seeing as school and birthday has been cancelled due to corona virus, I want to cheer her up! But I’m also really nervous!!! Help please xxxx

Attachments

• 8EA791D6-5184-4EFC-A5B4-AECDE5A64A2F.jpeg
    8EA791D6-5184-4EFC-A5B4-AECDE5A64A2F.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 40
Help needed! Been over 6 years since I did hair and even then I wasn’t very good!
anyway, my niece wants to have a pink balayage type (see attached - she has put her face on her desired hair style ) she currently has the root and the blond is I would say an 8 and maybe 9 in places. Have attached her current hair colour too.
05AD1D9D-1521-44DF-BF74-153FDEFA2327.jpeg

shall I bleach to lift to a 10? Easiest way to do this? Would I be better painting it in and leaving the root as it is? I’ve got the Blondor powder.
I ordered wella colour fresh create nu-dist pink but not sure what to do with it to achieve the desired colour. Any help and advice would be much appreciated! Lockdown home hair colouring!!! Also the only peroxide I have at home is welloxon 12%, 9%, 6% and the Pastel.
She is soon to be 16 and seeing as school and birthday has been cancelled due to corona virus, I want to cheer her up! But I’m also really nervous!!! Help please xxxx
Your best option here, would be to treat this as a back to back foils. But what I would do is take each section and backcomb the root, and apply blondor and 6% on the mid-lengths and ends. Take your sections at different angles, like you woukd balayage, and create highs and lows when painting on your lightener. You could always do a weave every 5th section and leave out the drop out. This will add some dimension to the colour. Let this process, depending on how fast/slow you can apply it, I'd consider moving up to 9% on your last quadrant. This isn't always necessary.
As for recolouring, you'll need to lift the hair to a level 10, then I'd pretone the hair, colour touch 10/6 would be ideal. Then you'd apply the target shade. I'd consider adding some colour fresh create high magenta to the nu-dist pink, as it's seems very pale and not very pink on its own. Then with what's left I'm sure you can add some of the high magenta to a conditioner /mask for her to use to keep the colour looking fresh all the time.

As your niece isn't 16yet, please be careful.
As you probably know, we're not supposed to colour anyone's hair under the age of 16.

Just to add, if your niece isn’t living with you, then you mustn’t do it.

Latest posts

Back