Blondeme gone yellow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsBB2013

Reaction score
Hey everyone.....i messed up! Thought i would try blondeme on my own hair. It looked like i had achieved colour when i checked a strand after 30 mins. However when i washed it off i have got this yellow orangeness. I used the cool bleach and tone in the mix so hoped that would get rid of it cos my hair is a nightmare for going yellow/orange. Im thinking of putting 12-19 on it or 8.4 or 9.4. What do you think? Or one of the bloneme toners. I wanna neutralise the brassyness without ending up with lilac hair xx
20180628_224417.jpg

I use blonde me bleach on a client scalp bleach and then 10/16 toner lovely colour

Hey everyone.....i messed up! Thought i would try blondeme on my own hair. It looked like i had achieved colour when i checked a strand after 30 mins. However when i washed it off i have got this yellow orangeness. I used the cool bleach and tone in the mix so hoped that would get rid of it cos my hair is a nightmare for going yellow/orange. Im thinking of putting 12-19 on it or 8.4 or 9.4. What do you think? Or one of the bloneme toners. I wanna neutralise the brassyness without ending up with lilac hair xx View attachment 207564
What was your hair colour before, and what strength developer did you use? Was your hair coloured?

Natural base 3. Dyed yes to a 6. 9% of the matching developer xx

I use blonde me bleach on a client scalp bleach and then 10/16 toner lovely colour
Which range is that toner in? Xx

Natural base 3. Dyed yes to a 6. 9% of the matching developer xx
Your hair isn't light enough to tone yet, if you toned now you'd be looking at a 7 base to neutralise that warmth. I would lighten again providing your hair is in good enough condition. I would try a lower developer. When using 9%, 12% I find they burn out quicker, meaning they lift fast for the first 15-20 mins then they slow right down. Whereas 3% and6% lift for longer, so you get a cleaner lift with less damage.

Your hair isn't light enough to tone yet, if you toned now you'd be looking at a 7 base to neutralise that warmth. I would lighten again providing your hair is in good enough condition. I would try a lower developer. When using 9%, 12% I find they burn out quicker, meaning they lift fast for the first 15-20 mins then they slow right down. Whereas 3% and6% lift for longer, so you get a cleaner lift with less damage.
Thanks as I've looked at it in the daylight i had started thinking to re-bleach. Condition is fine. With hindsight probably would have been worth giving it the full developing time xx

Are you a qualified hairdresser as your profile states that you are beauty based?

Latest posts

Back