BlondeMe on scalp bleach and tone help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laceriseviolet

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just started at a new salon where they use Schwartzkopf Blondeme for all lightening services. I've loved it so far for highlighting/foiling services.
However for on scalp bleach and tones I have not had a good result for the 4 on scalp applications I've done. At my last salon I've used Wella Blondor cream bleach for on scalp applications. I would use a lower developer, take my time. And maybe put my client under heat for 20ish minutes just to speed up the process. I've always been trained that it's better to keep my developers low, and to use some heat when needed.

I can't use heat with Blondeme which is fine. But even after over an hour of processing a 25 vol developer is not getting me to the lift I needed that I would get with Blondor cream bleach. I've always been taught to not put anything over 25 vol on someones scalp. And it's weird to me cause I've read so many amazing reviews about Blondeme.

I talked to the owner of my salon, and she recommended I start with 30 volume developer in the back and work my way up to 40 volume. This just seems so out of my comfort zone and against everything I've learned from other stylists and in classes. Especially as it seems Blondeme swells quite a bit. My last client I felt nervous leaving it on after the 45 minutes mark as it was overlapping from the swelling.

I've tried different ratios from 1:1.5 1:2 and 1:2.5. I like somewhere in between 1:2 and 1:2.5 the best consistency wise.

I was the go-to person for bleach and tones at my last location and I am just at a loss for not being able to figure out Blondeme for on scalp applications right now. It's making me feel as if I seem incompetent to my new salon owner, which is hard for me cause I know I can excel at this service. I also don't want to be opposed to trying anything new, but 30 and 40 volume on scalp just makes me so nervous!! Anyone have any advice on their process or things they did differently while learning to use this product? (and if you've gotten this far, thank you for reading my part vent part plea for help!)

PS. I seem to also be having a hard time seeing the true color of the hair through the blue pigment in the lightener. There's been a few times I check the lift, even with my phone LED light and it looks to be right where I need it. Then I go to rinse and it's very orange.

Hmm blondeme usually has an amazing lift.

I definitely wouldnt listen to your boss and use anything above 20vl on scalp unless you want chemical burns on your hands.

Thanks for the reply. The 30 vol and 40 vol seems a little wild right? But I’m less concerned with my hands then I am my clients scalp.

Thanks for the reply. The 30 vol and 40 vol seems a little wild right? But I’m less concerned with my hands then I am my clients scalp.
Yes its a very bad idea!

Sorry I didn't mean on your hands literally, I meant on clients that you'll have to deal with!

I’ve used 30vol on my own scalp (!!) and it’s been fine but what level are you struggling to lift from?
Was it just one client or several?

The only time mine was a bit rubbish was when I used up an old tub of BlondMe at home. I think the tub had been opened for ages and the powder bleach had perhaps gone off a bit.

Latest posts

Back