Blondme help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gin_ja_ninja

Reaction score
Ok so here one for ya we used to be matrix which I loved now Schwarzkopf so we lightened hair to very pale yellow the inside color of a banana and we toned with blondme ice and it gone disgusting dirty not crystal clean blonde like matrix and the rep was in the salon she told me what to do the hair was ruined and the blonde was like a level 8 it's disgusting anyone else had problems....

I've never used it, but if you search on here loads of people complain about it. It's caused lots of breakage.

Oh no! There's nothing worse than a toner going wrong. I have only just started working with matrix, and really love the SP toners! I'm impressed. What did the rep tell you to do? Did you do a gentle cleanse to lift the tone out back to pale yellow? x

I'm a Schwarzkopf user but don't use blonde me its rank

Yeah the rep told me to do it n it ruined it. Has anyone mixed the bleach with the bleach additive??? Does it give a better blonde?

Yeah the rep told me to do it n it ruined it. Has anyone mixed the bleach with the bleach additive??? Does it give a better blonde?

The ice can go too grey if left too long. You have to apply the toners very quickly and watch closely.
Sometimes if you pre-bleach to a very very pale yellow, the cendre type toners will grab too much and appear dirty grey. Did you use the 2% developer?

The blondme powder bleach has got a reputation for being harsh. :irked:
You can use the vario bleach instead. Or only use the blondme powder when using a low strength developer.

I have never used the bleach additive. I think it has some violet pigment in to help neutralise gold/brassy undertones when lifting. I know the Igora Vario bleach additive is used for this purpose. But you must get the bleach and bleach additive ratio's just right otherwise it may also go too bluey/ash.
I would only use the igora vario additive on darker hair. Say a base 7 or lower.

;)

Oh awsome thank u so much that helps awsome lots i cant wait to try it

I’ve used the cool additive with the blondme bleach and used a couple of times. I got a perfect white from using it on an already bleached head (originally a base 7) But then another time I used it and I don’t think I quite got the ratio right (as I was rushing) and the ends picked up the blue hue :confused::confused:

I would say to use on the darker bases as it is a blue tone. Better for counteracting the hair that comes up mega warm.

Wow! I honestly don’t know what you guys are talking about?! I actually think Blondme is awesome! I have achieved so many great blondes with this brand and the ice toner is my favourite!
I think it just takes a bit of patience to learn the best way to use it.
The Blondeme powder bleach MUST be used with the Blondme developer, if you don’t it just becomes a normal bleach. Also try mixing the toners as they all do different things... Ice is blue based and very cold toned!
If you want a cold neutral, mix ice and sand together and process it on damp hair, watching it and ‘buffing’ it in. I actually comb it in, to ensure even processing.
PS If you process blondme toners on soaking wet, it comes out patchy because it’s not made for damp hair!

Wow! I honestly don’t know what you guys are talking about?! I actually think Blondme is awesome! I have achieved so many great blondes with this brand and the ice toner is my favourite!
The Blondeme powder bleach MUST be used with the Blondme developer, if you don’t it just becomes a normal bleach. Also try mixing the toners as they all do different things... Ice is blue based and very cold toned!
If you want a cold neutral, mix ice and sand together and process it on damp hair, watching it and ‘buffing’ it in. I actually comb it in, to ensure even processing.
PS If you process blondme toners on soaking wet, it comes out patchy because it’s not made for wet hair!

*meant it’s not made for wet hair, advise to use on damp hair*

These are all Blondme Blondes... I think you guys just need to start using it like Blondme and not like Matrix.

(If you think these look bad, that’s cool, just trying to help! :cool:)

Attachments

• 178B86FC-93B1-41C4-8E7C-7680C4544536.jpeg
    178B86FC-93B1-41C4-8E7C-7680C4544536.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 1,186
I really like using this too! I also use the developer that match. My friend used her normal generic developer and she said that she felt it left the hair really dry, I can only assume that the oil based developer s are what keeps this product working at its bestsellers

You ga
I really like using this too! I also use the developer that match. My friend used her normal generic developer and she said that she felt it left the hair really dry, I can only assume that the oil based developer s are what keeps this product working at its bestsellers
Completely agree! It only works to it’s full capacity with the blondme developer. It’s so important to check manufacturers instructions! ;)
A lot of people think that it doesn’t matter but it really makes all the difference with this bleach!

PS If you process blondme toners on soaking wet, it comes out patchy because it’s not made for damp hair!

*meant it’s not made for wet hair, advise to use on damp hair*

These are all Blondme Blondes... I think you guys just need to start using it like Blondme and not like Matrix.

(If you think these look bad, that’s cool, just trying to help! :cool:)
Those are all beautiful! What shades are the top middle pic? I've just ordered sand, biscuit and milk chocolate to play with on my own hair

Latest posts

Back