Blondme swelling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecelia baker

Reaction score
blondme swells and heats up in foils almost every single time I've used it even on virgin hair has anybody else experienced this??

When you say hot, how hot?
That sounds like an adverse chemical reaction. Are you using it with the correct developer and what percentage?

Yes I only ever use with the correct developer it comes with and I’ve only ever used 20 and 30 vol and it’s happened with both ‍♀️ I’ve been hairdressing for 12 years and have only ever experienced this with blondme

I use BlondMe, inc. on myself and I’ve not had those problems so it does sound like somethings wrong with the product you have. Where did you purchase it from?

Has it seriously never happened to you? I’ve purchased it directly from shwarzkopf as I have a salon account. I’m at a loss! It lightens better then anything else but I can’t continue to risk this happening

No, I’ve never had that problem.
However, if the foils are getting hot, that’s a clear chemical reaction so I’d start with looking at what’s coating the hair.
Certain metals will react with the bleach.
For starters, I’d be testing my water supply and the pipe work.
Next I’d ask clients to get their water tested as a lot of mine have well water.

Has it seriously never happened to you? I’ve purchased it directly from shwarzkopf as I have a salon account. I’m at a loss! It lightens better then anything else but I can’t continue to risk this happening
When you tried it both times, was it on the same client or 2 different clients?
How did the hair feel afterwards?

Yea I find blond me swells and bleeds a lot x

It’s happened on several clients not just once or twice. Im talking different hair types different hair types a lot of them virgin hair. It’s only ever happened with blondme- No other bleach. And ummm hair not to bad. I’m more concerned about the crazy bleeding and the heat of the foil burning as it literally gets that hot.

Not only that, it happened when I worked in a salon but also now and I’m mobile so constant different water supplies.

I find this aswell, so I now don't apply the bleach to close to the roots and that helps with the bleeding, another friend has found the same...

blondme swells and heats up in foils almost every single time I've used it even on virgin hair has anybody else experienced this??
I’ve posted about this as well and o think it’s a chemical reaction to people medications. Pain pills and types of antidepressants can have this effect. Medications do effect colours and perms.

Latest posts

Back