Blondor permanent liquid toner question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amonavis33

Reaction score
I find it interesting that this product is to be mixed with 20 vol OR 6 vol developer. There is obviously a huge difference between those, 20 vol being way stronger and potentially harsher on hair that has presumably just been bleached, so I wouldn’t 6 vol be a better choice?

Can someone explain this to me? I must be missing something.

Thanks

I don’t know this particular product but having a quick Google suggests it’s designed for toning or lifting a couple of levels to ‘break the base’. (Breaking the base isn’t something that is routinely offered over here so I assume it’s originally designed for the North American market?)

On the info. online, it suggests using 6% (20vol) for lifting or Pastel for toning.

I’m guessing you’ve not misread it because Pastel developer is equivalent to 6vol.

We tend to refer to percentage % more often than vol over here when talking about developer strengths, so initially I wondered whether it said 20vol or 6% which is the same thing.
40vol = 12%
10vol = 3%

You’re quite right in that you wouldn’t want to use a strong developer on the hair just for toning. :)

Latest posts

Back