Blood shot eyes after semi permanent lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleysspraytan

Reaction score
Ok so quick query has anyone found any clients after applying semi permanent lashes have severely bloodshot eyes? Not a usual reaction to the fumes this last a couple of days each time she has them infills it doesn't seem to be an allergic reaction as I've had clients before whose skin has reacted which was solved with a sensitive glue

Infilled not infills!cannot work this on my phone at all!!anyone experienced this and found a solution I'd appreciate your help!

Thanks

Hi, is it possible it could be the eye gel pads? Sometimes they can irritate the eye.
Best solution is to tape down the lashes, then put the pad a further down x

Hi, I don't do lashes myself but have had mine done and have experienced very bloodshot eyes.

The new lady I go to scrapes the gel off the edge of the pads before applying them so it doesn't seep into my eyes and last few times I've had them I've had no problems. Could just be coincidence or could be the solution. Never know until you try I guess

Good luck x

I don't do sp lashes but get mine done every 4 weeks. I got really bad blood shot eyes twice and they stayed like it for about 4 days, and it's because i don't close my eyes properly, they are always a very tiny bit open. I had to practice keeping them tightly closed without screwing them up :lol:

When my ladies talk, and therefore the pads may move and fumes can get in, or open their eyes at some point then they tend to get pink eyes. My tutor assessing my case studies said it was due to fumes. If a lady opens her eyes too soon after I place a lash they complain of stinging from fumes.

Now I ask them not to talk, I have this problem much less than before.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much guys havnt had time to breath!!i have her this evening so will see how we go!

I had lashes put on a few weeks ago, but fairly quickly realised they're not for me. Made my eyes look very bloodshot, made my eyelashes sore (a bit like when you have your hair brushed to one way for a few days & then brush it the opposite way, the roots are sore) & hated the fact that i couldn't rub my eyes in the morning due to not wanting the lashes to come off during my morning rub !!

I managed 2 weeks before i decided to take them off, the bloodshot & soreness was too much for the added effect.
I had them on with the idea to see what they're like to possibly consider doing it part of my treatment list. Decided against it, too much faffing for my liking, esp knowing that the clients i see now wouldnt look after the lashes like the tech who put mine on told me to.

I hope you manage to get on top of the issue with your client.

If a client is feeling discomfort due to the glue fumes, I nebulize for a few seconds. Most of the time I don't have to nebulize until after the application is completed. Several months ago I purchased a nebulizer on line for aprox $70 and then bought one for back-up that uses a cord instead of batteries from China for $20. Both work fine.

Latest posts

Back