Bloody nail glue!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Haha I've started my extension training and am practising my tip blendind.

Went well yesterday - but today OH MY GOD got a blimeny tip stuck to my thumb!!!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Are there any other stupid mistakes I gonna make? I'm sure someone has had a worse one than me?! PLEASE?!:eek:

Becki xxx

Done that quite a few times:lol: In the early days i can remember being out the back of the salon..pliers in hand trying to wrestle the cap off my solar seal..i quickly learnt to clean the neck in future and oil it before the cap went back on.:)
Mistakes are good though..they stress you enough to make sure they dont happen again..like running out of monomer..that could be on the cards for me today!:eek:

I stuck myself to my hand model bang in front of my instructor in the early days.. I was horrified.. HORRIFIED!!! :hug:

My first time with gel was a mess...everywhere, on the trainer, on the brush...my fingers stuck with it,... found some in my clothes later.... :eek:
a nightmare...:)
and the worst thing was when the instructor told us that with gel we had no excuses not to make the perfect smile since it doesn't set as l&p sets, and I was trying desperately to make smiles with that sticky thing, stuck everywhere...:Grope: :lol:

My old lecturer was having a laugh at one of the students for glueing her hand to a nail tip and then she went off and glued her hand to a nail trainer!!:lol:

quick change the nail GLUE to nail adhesive before geeg sees lol

lol we all bugger up a lot you just have to learn to laugh about it; like the day my work trousers were not dry in time so wore my best trousers to work; it had to be the day there was an airlock in my gelbond and as i fixed it by sticking scissors down the tube it suctioned the glue up which squirted all over my lovely trousers!!ruined!!
you'll prob have many encounters with adhesives (not glue!!hehe) and also boxes of tips and gems being dropped on the floor!!

Yes, I did it once in the early days . . . not something I've repeated fortunately :lol:

I did once have to go out to a client who had been dabbling with glue trying to stick one back on after an accident :smack: , serve her right she stuck her index fingers together and couldn't do a thing :lol:

hehe sorry nail ADHESIVE!!! goodness I'm a little frightened I'm gonna get a geek black mark from mistress geeg!!!

oh i'm so glad I'm not the only one :green: hasnt happened since but who knows I'll probably find some other body part to stick to a tip soon!

Beckix xxx

Yes I have stuck myself to clients....did it once quite recently, it can still happen.....the other day on a course I picked up a bead of coloured powder.....it disappeared.....where the hell did it go?....I found it a few hours later stuck to my pinny....ah that's where you went I said as I pickedit off....I found it quite funny lol!

i remember once... i was applying some tips to a client and didnt realise my glue was leaking, I STUCK MY HAND TO THE TABLE!! i didnt realise till i tried to move my hand lol it wasnt funny at the time, i jus tugged it quick so my client wouldnt notice and left a layer of skin on the table and a tear in my eye.. ouch!:cry:

I've stuck myself to the clients finger before!:eek:

In the early days I would often stick myself to a client ... I'd just smile and say, having anything nice for tea tonight cos it looks like I'm coming home with you :green:

Ive stuck my fingers to clients fingers many a time in the early days but the one time that sticks (pardon the pun) in my mind was when i couldnt get the top of the gel bond so proceded to grip the lid in my teeth and twist with my hand, the tube split and the gel bond went every where including my lips, tongue and hands.
It was a lesson learnt and one ive never repeated again.

Now if i have problems getting the lid off i leave it and open another and wrestle with the stubborn one when im on my own!:irked:

I leant on my open bottle of adhesive and it suck to the underside of my elbow. I spent a few mins looking for it before client told me where it was lmao.

Latest posts

Back