Blooming Bits on my brush!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Just started applying acrylics at college and done my second set and not looking bad (if I do say so myself :o ) but I have a little query.

I dip my brush in the monomer, brush on side of dappen dish once and pick up product place on nail, wait 2 secs then start to ease into shape...but now and again I get tiny weeny bits of the bead sticking to my brush..Is not affecting the finish.. but it bugs me...

I just wipe them off but can't help but think this should not happen and I am taking the monomer of the brush which its needed to shape and scult the acrylic..Can of you CDN acrylic experts help (sorry but is OPI we are using) :| Ta very much...

If you are getting bits sticking to your brush then probably your mix ratio is just not quite right. Ask your tutor for advice as you are doing it and she should be able to help you tweak it a bit.

Try squeezing a little more liquid out of your brush before making the bead. Your mix sounds a tad wet. It probably starts out alright when you make the bead but then, when pressing, you are injecting some of that excess monomer from your brush into the bead and disturbing the ratio.

Make sure you squeeze the liquid out of your brush before you make the bead. Try not to get into the BAD habit of placing the bead and then drawing excess liquid out of the brush on a paper towel or pad. This creates a very smelly atmosphere and you also run the risk of overexposure if you lean into the monomer whilst working.

Many thanks Geeg...will try to be more sparing with liquid..wish I had technology to post a picture of my first set on site for you fellow geeks to comment on. I was pleased though and my boyfriend says I my worst critic...
..thanks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back