Blow dry bars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michlee39

Reaction score
What're your thoughts on Blow dry bars?

Why have a blowdry bar when people who are trained to do blowdries can also cut hair? Seems like a big restriction to make money.

I think they are an interesting concept. They can be a good USP if you had one within your salon - as you are opening up your menu options and can come in at a different marketing angle to other salons?

Alternatively if it was just a blow dry bar unit and that was all you provided - your outgoings and set up cost should be less of that than a traditional salon as you would not need to purchase colours etc and could potentially work on a smaller floor plan?

Location is also an important factor when it comes to performance of solo blow dry bars - as the town/city environment has a major impact on the behaviour and spending habits of people there. They may have more disposable income and be looking for quick blow dries before work/a meeting or night out. This may mean you need to extend your opening hours to accommodate the demand?

Are you considering opening one? :)

I think they are an interesting concept. They can be a good USP if you had one within your salon - as you are opening up your menu options and can come in at a different marketing angle to other salons?

Alternatively if it was just a blow dry bar unit and that was all you provided - your outgoings and set up cost should be less of that than a traditional salon as you would not need to purchase colours etc and could potentially work on a smaller floor plan?

Location is also an important factor when it comes to performance of solo blow dry bars - as the town/city environment has a major impact on the behaviour and spending habits of people there. They may have more disposable income and be looking for quick blow dries before work/a meeting or night out. This may mean you need to extend your opening hours to accommodate the demand?

Are you considering opening one? :)

I follow a couple of blow dry bars on insta and I really am interested in this. I just wanted some info as I'm newly qualified and studying my level 3. I really love your feedback thank you. Obviously, I don't want to run before I can walk. :0)

Why have a blowdry bar when people who are trained to do blowdries can also cut hair? Seems like a big restriction to make money.
Very true but i wanted to do something different. :)

Latest posts

Back