Blow drying hair tutorial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lois lane

Reaction score
Are there any good ones on the web. I am so hopeless with my own hair. Failing that, any good books? Or ways to watch someone blowdrying...

hey, I'm desperate!

how do you want to blowdry it? can you post a pic maybe of ur hair and maybe say a little about how you want it to look?

Are there any good ones on the web. I am so hopeless with my own hair. Failing that, any good books? Or ways to watch someone blowdrying...

hey, I'm desperate!
Helpful hints for blow drying-
1.towel dry as much of the water as possible first, apply appropriate heat styling products- I like to mix mousse, a little gel and some shine serum if I'm blowing it straight. Mix "cocktail" together well in hands and apply from the root area through the strand.

2. Dry hair in the direction of the cuticle, from the root area to the tips. Don't wiggle the dryer back and forth, use a smooth motion from the scalp to the ends- straight, when the dryer is moved back and forth it actually blows the cuticle layer slightly raised and leaves it that way, which can lead to heat damage, frayed cuticles and split ends.

3. Heat the areas you want volume, then use a cool stream or put it on a velcro roller to cool.

4. If desired follow up with flat iron or curling iron to finish the look, use appropriate thermal curling spray before curling or flat ironing to help hold the style and protect the hair from further heat damage.

GHD has a great line of thermal styling products and tools- look for an authorised dealer in your area, they should have loads of help for you.

Latest posts

Back