Blue black/midnight blue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess72

Reaction score
Hi there! Looking for some help!
I have a client who wants to go blue black she’s a level 4/5 just now.
Which colours would be best? Also I use Wella mainly but have been using guy tangs range lately and know he does a colour called midnight blue. However I’m unsure on whether to pre lighten the hair or just do a special mix tone blue with a spot of black?!? Help please xxx

Attachments

• 5593CCCB-EC35-483D-85FC-8D1265EFEB3E.jpeg
    5593CCCB-EC35-483D-85FC-8D1265EFEB3E.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 28
I wouldn’t pre-lighten as you’re going darker and you don’t want an uneven result.
Can you do some strand tests to check your mix ratio?
Blue is quite tricky as it can easily disappear into the black and it can also fade quite quickly, so I wouldn’t actually mix it with black tint.

You could try KP special mix 0/22 (30ml) + 0/88 (30ml) + 6% Welloxon (60ml) but definitely do a test piece first.

(It’s a good idea to keep a few pieces of virgin hair when you’ve done a cut so you can use them for testing out colour mixes. They don’t need to be particularly long. I keep mine in small ziplock bags.)

Hi there! Looking for some help!
I have a client who wants to go blue black she’s a level 4/5 just now.
Which colours would be best? Also I use Wella mainly but have been using guy tangs range lately and know he does a colour called midnight blue. However I’m unsure on whether to pre lighten the hair or just do a special mix tone blue with a spot of black?!? Help please xxx
Take a look at Wellas new colour create. From past experience using mixer tone on its own on hair that isn't prelightened always leaves you disappointed. The 0/88 mix tone is so dense that you probably won't see it on a base 4. If you can preligten the hair it works much better and then you could just use pastel developer. I'd strand test as you might find by adding 0/88 in to 0/00 you will get a slightly lighter blue. Hope this helps.

The roots look like a 1.1

But the ends look like a dark blue semi permanent

Latest posts

Back