Blue flashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam289

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've got a client wanting light blue flashes in her hair, her hair is a base 6/7 and she currently has loads of bleach hi-lights and a few faded out red weaves. Any advice on what blue to use? I was thinking of using 10/0 with a touch of 0/88? But what measurements? i use wella btw. Any other reccomendations 4 a light blue? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've got a client wanting light blue flashes in her hair, her hair is a base 6/7 and she currently has loads of bleach hi-lights and a few faded out red weaves. Any advice on what blue to use? I was thinking of using 10/0 with a touch of 0/88? But what measurements? i use wella btw. Any other reccomendations 4 a light blue? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Not sure about wella colours, but you will have to have a very clean blonde for a blue. Much yellow left and you will end up with green!! ;)

Thanks, yeah her hair is already pretty light already but i'll be makin sure it will be going on white don't want any green!LOL! Anyone else got any ideas for which colour to use? Thanks sam

Thanks, yeah her hair is already pretty light already but i'll be makin sure it will be going on white don't want any green!LOL! Anyone else got any ideas for which colour to use? Thanks sam

I wouldn't use permanent...never comes out great and fades really quick.

Semi permanent...crazy colour, directions, stargazer, affinage colour dynamics... the list is endless

Thank you, i will have a look in the wholesalers....i def know they've got crazy colour and affinage. how do i make sure it doesn't go too dark? she wants it light blue?

Thank you, i will have a look in the wholesalers....i def know they've got crazy colour and affinage. how do i make sure it doesn't go too dark? she wants it light blue?

have u got a picture of how you'd like it to be?

have you told the client that it's going to run into the blonde and fade quickly?
i love colouring blue, but it's always a pain in the backside!

no, no pic. i did try to tell her but its like talking to a brick wall! :grr: to be honest she gets these ideas and it doesnt last very long. The best thing to do would to be just do it (obviously when im face to face with her explain everything beforehand) but she'll still want it done. Then she'll move onto something else when it has faded! Nightmare!

I'm not up on crazy colour but I've seen a technique whereby you use conditioner with crazy colour to dilute the strength , maybe there is a strong blue that you could add conditioner to and weaken the vibrancy? X

You could do a strand test on hair, when you find your blue or pick 2 up from wholesaler just to make sure ! You get a idea of colour just by unscrewing the top and looking at it !
I use crazy colour or affinarge .

You could use a toner with the blue to get it paler. I know it works well with directions toner and colours.x

Update....
.so I got crazy colour in the new shade bubblegum, put her a few fine weaves in the top along with her bleach hi-lights and the colour came out great, was really pleased. Today I get a txt can I go and take it out (argh) feel like banging my head against a wall seriously why don't people listen! Anyway anyone had to remove blue? It is really light, so gonna get her to shampoo a good few times but would bleach be the best thing or 2 darken with a low light? Thanks Sam

Update....
.so I got crazy colour in the new shade bubblegum, put her a few fine weaves in the top along with her bleach hi-lights and the colour came out great, was really pleased. Today I get a txt can I go and take it out (argh) feel like banging my head against a wall seriously why don't people listen! Anyway anyone had to remove blue? It is really light, so gonna get her to shampoo a good few times but would bleach be the best thing or 2 darken with a low light? Thanks Sam

Just tell her to keep washing it and it will come out on its own...don't want to keep colouring and stripping just because she's an impatient client x

All sorted. Told her 2 wash her hair a few times, it had faded a bit. I weaved a brown through and it worked perfectly. Happy client = happy me :) thanks for all the advice

Latest posts

Back