Blue or white bleach, what's the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameswhite

Reaction score
People say they are the same so why make two different colors? And what is the difference why not make them all white so you can see the change in colour instead of the blue hiding it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Blue has an inbuilt toner so you may get less yellowing. But thats a slim chance.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Blue has an inbuilt toner so you may get less yellowing. But thats a slim chance.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Blue is for orange tones

Blue gives a cleaner finish as it reduces the yellow and orange tones.

I personally prefer blue and never use white!x

Blue gives a cleaner finish as it reduces the yellow and orange tones.

I personally prefer blue and never use white!x

This is basic colour theory.
Blue/violet is for yellow/orange.
Blue bleach powders are usually a light or dark blue so they don't do the job for yellow.
You need a lilac bleach for yellow

Personally the ones I've used, either blue (Blondor & Clynol) or white, I've always found a cleaner lift with the white(Paul Mitchell DPL, Goldwell Silk Lift) I think it's just personal preference. Although the Clynol powder bleach I'm using just now is quick and clean!

I've actually never noticed a difference, I've always used blue on mine to do a bleach out but I still always have to tone as it's pretty yellow. In my experience, bleach will pretty much always go yellow within toning; I don't think it matters what colour beach you use x

This is basic colour theory.
Blue/violet is for yellow/orange.
Blue bleach powders are usually a light or dark blue so they don't do the job for yellow.
You need a lilac bleach for yellow

So basic colour knowledge blue lifting to yellow will make green. It just dont make sense and it don't work. When ive used colour graphics by matrix the mix in toners work and violet peroxide works ive found very dark blue bleaches work but they are very very blue not the baby blue colour.

There is also green bleach

So basic colour knowledge blue lifting to yellow will make green. It just dont make sense and it don't work. When ive used colour graphics by matrix the mix in toners work and violet peroxide works ive found very dark blue bleaches work but they are very very blue not the baby blue colour.

Yes that's right I found that the really dark blue bleaches with a slight violet tinge to them work and do tone down orange and yellow tones although in my personal experience the baby blue bleaches most definitely do not town down yellow. Neither do they tone down orange I find white bleach to be the best

Yes that's right I found that the really dark blue bleaches with a slight violet tinge to them work and do tone down orange and yellow tones although in my personal experience the baby blue bleaches most definitely do not town down yellow. Neither do they tone down orange I find white bleach to be the best

I find colour graphics with blueberry is the best

I know this is the theory but having recently bought the 2 because they were on offer white is the best for anything I do. The blue definetly leaves a lot of yellow and doesn't lift as well

Am I right in saying blue is ok for scalp but white isn't?

I used to use blue and I changed to white mainly because I felt it was easier to judge the colour on full head bleaches I felt the blue disguised the yellow tones and sometimes I felt it could of done with longer with the white it's much clearer and I'm getting better results x

I agree I think the blue dont lift aswell as it fights through the blue toner but the white you get a true result

It depends which brand you are looking at but technically there's no difference.

Goldwell oxycur platine both give 7 levels if lift- blue is a powder gel white is granular.

When people say bleach is bleach do you think thats right?

Well blondor is baby blue never ever get orange results always clean white blonde!
Your talking about bleaches like there toners! I'm sorry but I don't agree with what your saying about the different colour bleaches
It's just what you like working with!
Yes some blue bleaches like blonder have anti yellow in them people assume because of the blue colouring really it has nothing to do with that like colourgirly has said!
Think of the big cheap tubs of bleach you get at the wholsalers they normally just state that the blue is dust free that's the only difference with the cheap ones! X

When people say bleach is bleach do you think thats right?

No defo depends on the brand! X

Well blondor is baby blue never ever get orange results always clean white blonde!
Your talking about bleaches like there toners! I'm sorry but I don't agree with what your saying about the different colour bleaches
It's just what you like working with!
Yes some blue bleaches like blonder have anti yellow in them people assume because of the blue colouring really it has nothing to do with that like colourgirly has said!
Think of the big cheap tubs of bleach you get at the wholsalers they normally just state that the blue is dust free that's the only difference with the cheap ones! X

You're contradicting yourself.
You're telling me that blondor is baby blue and it helps minimise orange tones but that's what baby blue is meant to do it's to counteract orange tones.
Colour theory is colour theory I'm not speaking about bleach like it's toner, I'm not an idiot.
I never said that every different coloured bleach is for anti orange or yellow but majority of them are clearly you haven't read my post properly.

You're contradicting yourself.
You're telling me that blondor is baby blue and it helps minimise orange tones but that's what baby blue is meant to do it's to counteract orange tones.
Colour theory is colour theory I'm not speaking about bleach like it's toner, I'm not an
I never said that every different coloured bleach is for anti orange or yellow but majority of them are clearly you haven't read my post properly.
How am I contradicting myself!
Yes I said wella blondor is baby blue in colour and I always get a clean result!
I then went on to say that brand makes a difference meaning yes blondor is blue so contains ani yellow but a lot of the cheap brands the difference between them is zero except for one being dust free!
You was saying violet bleach kills yellow
Blue kills orange what next green kills red I don't think of bleaches being like toners! Thats what I meant! Everyone is entitled to there opinion! I didn't say you was an idiot! If I thought that I would of said it #rude!

Latest posts

Back