Bluesky chemical burn

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowsbeauty

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client who was using a salon and having a weekly toe shellac (blue sky) which I'm under the impression is fake! She said her toenail was burning when under the lamp. She now has a chemical burn which has caused a black toe nail, she has been having tests at the hospital who confirmed it was a chemical burn.

She has now enquired if I will do her a shellac polish on her toes. She's had them shellac/gel free since November. Is it safe for me to do this??

Thanks [emoji5]️

You would need to ensure that all damage has grown out and healthy nail remains. However, also be aware that she may have been left with a heat sensitivity, it may be best to try a test of one nail first.

Have you seen the nail yet?

I'd also suggest getting a doctor's note to state whether this is okay or not :)

Thanks for your replies.
Yeah I've seen the nail... It's black/yellow! Not nice! I never thought this could be a result of a fake polish, just thought it wouldn't last! I've always been to scared to buy anything but CND now I'm glad!!
I've told her I'll need to wait for a healthy nail!

Thanks for your replies.
Yeah I've seen the nail... It's black/yellow! Not nice! I never thought this could be a result of a fake polish, just thought it wouldn't last! I've always been to scared to buy anything but CND now I'm glad!!
I've told her I'll need to wait for a healthy nail!

It's amazing how some clients want anything done to such a poorly nail! Yes best to wait for healthy nail. Safer for you too. In all aspects. I remember a nail tech saying she done a service for someone once similar and they ended up blaming her for the damaged nail because they knew she had the right insurance!

You need to inform your friend that 'Bluesky' is NOT Shellac, so yes it is a fake. They are both 'Gel polishes', however 'Bluesky' & 'Shellac' are both different brands.

Bluesky has had a lot of negative feedback in the past as it isn't a professional brand and was in trouble with Shellac for trying to copy it's bottle designs and colour names. It also never used to have the safety sheets needed for times like this, that would inform you of the items used in it and the possible reactions/risks of using it and how to deal with any reactions. I'm not sure what the case is now as some people say they now have these sheets, but it still receives a lot of negative feedback from most nail technicians.

There are many brands of gel polishes, and people need to learn/be informed that they aren't all called 'Shellac'.

I would make sure your friend has a doctor's note saying she has the all clear to have gels applied, it's not worth the risk x

Thanks for the Advice I think she just went to another salon after I explained I couldn't do it.

Better to be safe!

Why does she have to have gel? I would have just done a regular polish xx

Think it's how long they last - polish doesn't last long in my toes...

Polish lasts until it grows off on my toes.

What crap ! Of course nail polish last on toes ! 5weeks atleast. If she is THAT worried apply a topcoat of regular gel like IZ or Calgel as the topcoat and guess what it lasts ages you have to soak it off almost !

Sorry mis read your post I thought you said it didn't last on client toes. I also need to add that it CAN depend on (a) polish technique (b) shape of natural nail if it curved up lien ski jump it likely to come off the top then on another shape nail per say. (C) how tight your closed shoes are. I live in Africa we only wear sandals but I used to live in London for years and my polish still lasted ages wearing boots and closed shoes all day.

Sorry mis read your post I thought you said it didn't last on client toes. I also need to add that it CAN depend on (a) polish technique (b) shape of natural nail if it curved up lien ski jump it likely to come off the top then on another shape nail per say. (C) how tight your closed shoes are. I live in Africa we only wear sandals but I used to live in London for years and my polish still lasted ages wearing boots and closed shoes all day.

Hi,

Yeah my toes don't last long, however, when in flip flops and sandals it does last a little longer. I think she just prefers the high shine and the fact gel/shellac lasts agessss!

Thanks for your reply though. My toe nails are a funny shape this is why it doesn't last long for me [emoji106]

You need to inform your friend that 'Bluesky' is NOT Shellac, so yes it is a fake. They are both 'Gel polishes', however 'Bluesky' & 'Shellac' are both different brands.

Bluesky has had a lot of negative feedback in the past as it isn't a professional brand and was in trouble with Shellac for trying to copy it's bottle designs and colour names. It also never used to have the safety sheets needed for times like this, that would inform you of the items used in it and the possible reactions/risks of using it and how to deal with any reactions. I'm not sure what the case is now as some people say they now have these sheets, but it still receives a lot of negative feedback from most nail technicians.

There are many brands of gel polishes, and people need to learn/be informed that they aren't all called 'Shellac'.

I would make sure your friend has a doctor's note saying she has the all clear to have gels applied, it's not worth the risk x

If it was that much of an unprofessional brand why would it be at the beauty show? I think calling bluesky fake is very unfair. It also has all it's safety and product sheets. Bluesky also have an accredited course you can go on.

If it was that much of an unprofessional brand why would it be at the beauty show? I think calling bluesky fake is very unfair. It also has all it's safety and product sheets. Bluesky also have an accredited course you can go on.

As long as you have money and your product is health or beauty related you can have a stand at any of the beauty trade shows. It's nothing to do with being a professional brand.

A
As long as you have money and your product is health or beauty related you can have a stand at any of the beauty trade shows. It's nothing to do with being a professional brand.

And you really think if it was an unsafe 'fake' product they would let it be there? Very much doubt that.

A

And you really think if it was an unsafe 'fake' product they would let it be there? Very much doubt that.

Teeth whitening stands are there. Teeth whitening unless you are a dentist is illegal. The beauty shows really are all about the money.

And bluesky still sell their products on eBay. Yeah really professional of them [emoji19]

They will never be a pro brand to me

Teeth whitening stands are there. Teeth whitening unless you are a dentist is illegal. The beauty shows really are all about the money.

And bluesky still sell their products on eBay. Yeah really professional of them [emoji19]

They will never be a pro brand to me

And you will find most people sell on ebay and Amazon now! Yes you can buy CND of ebay

And you will find most people sell on ebay and Amazon now! Yes you can buy CND of ebay
I think the difference is cnd themselves don't sell on ebay other people do! X

Latest posts

Back