Bluesky top coat and base dripping issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyralouise

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is something anyone else using bluesky topcoat/base has experienced, but every time I use them, it’s as if there’s top coat at the top of the brush(lid end), that ends up dripping on either my hand, my clients hand or my nail table. I have recently purchased fresh bottles so I know it’s not an expiry issue, but maybe it’s something I’m doing? The bottles are stored upright out of sunlight. I shake them before every use and really make sure I’m wiping off as much excess as I can. Not only is it annoying and sticky, but I’m probably wasting a lot of product. Should I switch brand or does anyone know what’s going on?
Thanks☺️

I’m not sure if this is something anyone else using bluesky topcoat/base has experienced, but every time I use them, it’s as if there’s top coat at the top of the brush(lid end), that ends up dripping on either my hand, my clients hand or my nail table. I have recently purchased fresh bottles so I know it’s not an expiry issue, but maybe it’s something I’m doing? The bottles are stored upright out of sunlight. I shake them before every use and really make sure I’m wiping off as much excess as I can. Not only is it annoying and sticky, but I’m probably wasting a lot of product. Should I switch brand or does anyone know what’s going on?
Thanks☺

Have you spoken to Bluesky about these issues, perhaps it’s a batch problem?

Sounds more like a design issue with the bottle. It’ll just be gathering in the lid when you shake it. Have you tried shaking them before you begin prep to give it time to settle back into the bottle?

I got in touch with bluesky and yes as you said, avoid shaking. They’ve suggested rolling the bottles upright in my palms.

Latest posts

Back