Bluesky UK launch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but that is a very adolescent response, more appropriate to a middle school fight than a professional forum. And no one "hates" Bluesky; they are raising valid concerns about the product. The concerns are the same as those asked of other brands promoted here, like IBX or Megamix. You might examine those threads to see examples of a good exchange of information. Right now, this resembles more the debacle over the O'Nine brand from a year or two back.

Insulting the people you hope to market to is not a good strategy and undermines your credibility.
I wasn't saying I hate it - I was responding to another quote. But I think you were actually talking to the original quite, not my response?

I wasn't saying I hate it - I was responding to another quote. But I think you were actually talking to the original quite, not my response?
Oh yes. That was definitely addressed to the original quote and not to you. I am sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Nancy for asking this question as I was thinking exactly the same thing! Is Bluesky UK related to the products on the link or not? And if not, why is 'Bluesky UK' not doing anything about another company seemingly copying them and contributing to their unprofessional image? These unanswered issues are just a part of what makes this a brand I wouldn't want to support.
In answer to your questions, Bluesky UK can be found at http://www.blueskyuk.world and the training courses at www.blueskyuk.training. Blueskynail isn't our parent company. They are the company in China that manufactures Bluesky and many other brands and sells all over the World. They have no managerial authority over us. We are independent, we buy and distribute Bluesky gel polish, and we have also launched Bluesky UK Training School.
Can we go back to the animal cruelty issue please?

Now ok, you are the UK distributor. Is The Bluesky gel polish you distribute/sell developed, tested & made in the UK?

Is it developed, tested & made in any country in the EU?

Or, (as I suspect) is it sent over to you (for distubution) from the country in which it was originally developed, tested & made-China? China most certainly does test on animals, as far as I know its a legal requirement for any cosmetic product thats sold/produced in China to be tested on animals.

You have stated that its cruelty free- can you elaborate on this please? You have elaborated on many other questions raised in this thead but your attitude towards the animal cruelty one seems to just be 'well its not, so there!'

If im wrong on any of these points, correct me :)
Bluesky gel polish has been passed as an EU standard product. It was the norm - unfortunately - for animals to be involved in cosmetic testing in China in the past. We would not work with these companies. This is no longer the case, there is no mandatory testing, and the manufacturer of Bluesky gel polish does not test on animals. http://www.care2.com/causes/its-official-china-ends-mandatory-animal-testing-for-cosmetics.html

I think you will find that mandatory animal testing is no longer required on 'ordinary cosmetics' and it's still required on 'special use cosmetics'. Gel is in the later category.

Thank you for your reply Jordan. As you will see from the post attached, nail products are not special use cosmetics, they are ordinary use cosmetics and are not required to be tested on animals. http://www.cirs-reach.com/news/China_SFDA_consults_on_re-classification_of_cosmetics_and_adjustment_of_registration_ requirements.html

That link refers to 'hair products and nail products' as ordinary use cosmetics and later down the page it specifies hair colouring products as Special Use Cosmetics. I haven't read the entire document.

Due to the chemicals within gel nail products and requiring additional equipment to activate the chemicals, I'd be astonished if they weren't classified as Special Use Cosmetics.

I think you need to post the link that specifies Gel Nail products are exempt from testing and classed as ordinary use cosmetics if you are to have any credibility on this matter.

Last edited:
@Michaela please also provide evidence that bluesky are certified as cruelty free.

Pmsl and there was me thinking bluesky was a Welsh product! This label reckons it's right down the road in ponty!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 69
Pmsl and there was me thinking bluesky was a Welsh product! This label reckons it's right down the road in ponty!!
There are no gel polish factories in the UK, and the ponty label isn't ours.

@Michaela please also provide evidence that bluesky are certified as cruelty free.
Thanks - read the previous link fully. It answers the queries raised about special use cosmetics. We are a distributer and the product passes EU regulations and all the necessary laws for British use.

That link refers to 'hair products and nail products' as ordinary use cosmetics and later down the page it specifies hair colouring products as Special Use Cosmetics. I haven't read the entire document.

Due to the chemicals within gel nail products and requiring additional equipment to activate the chemicals, I'd be astonished if they weren't classified as Special Use Cosmetics.

I think you need to post the link that specifies Gel Nail products are exempt from testing and classed as ordinary use cosmetics if you are to have any credibility on this matter.
The document is quite clear that nail products are not in the list of special use chemicals. Others in general use by the British beauty industry are, however, as it lists. A special use chemical is one that affects change such as bleaching, tanning, dying etc. Nail products don't do this.

Thanks for the comments. We are very glad that people are ethical and genuinely care. This is a statement from our Operations Director, Jeff Parker.
"It has been illegal to test finished cosmetics on animals in the UK since 1998, and animal testing of ingredients that may be used in cosmetics has been illegal across Europe since 2009. From March 2013 it has been illegal to import and sell cosmetics that have been tested on animals outside the EU." You can contact him on http://www.blueskyuk.world for all enquiries about Bluesky gel polish product specifications, MSDS etc. We will make sure that this information is added onto botH of our courses. Thank you for raising such important issues. Have a great weekend.

I'd just like to say thank you all for your frank and open views about Bluesky gel polish. Your feedback has been valuable. Thanks also to Salon Geek for allowing the exchange of views on their forum. If anyone has any other points you can always send me a message and I'll pop along to pick it.
Best wishes
Michaela
Marketing and Training Director

In pro bluesky at the best of times but if that label isn't yours then are you saying bluesky that you do is a copy of bluesky in my pic!? :confused::eek:o_O

In pro bluesky at the best of times but if that label isn't yours then are you saying bluesky that you do is a copy of bluesky in my pic!? :confused::eek:o_O
Hi. There are a few points to explain here. Here is an example of where your products come from. A company called Proctor and Gamble make washing powder. They sell different brands made in their factories. They make and sell Fairy, Bold, Ariel and Lenor. That means that these brands all come from the same company. There are no gel polish factories in the UK. Bluesky is a brand that is manufactured in China (to EU standards) along with other brands.
Here's the second point. You can buy, let's say, Ariel washing powder from Sainsbury, Tesco, a market seller in Splott, or the back of a lorry. You can buy Bluesky from eBay, or you can buy it from us. We offer support, training, and even website design to help people set up in business for themselves. That's the difference. It is one product. It is for you to decide where you trust to go to buy it, and who you trust to sell it to you.
Hope that helps!

Lol you definatley live in Wales, is it really made following eu regs in China? I thought they diddnt have regs out there

Hi. There are a few points to explain here. Here is an example of where your products come from. A company called Proctor and Gamble make washing powder. They sell different brands made in their factories. They make and sell Fairy, Bold, Ariel and Lenor. That means that these brands all come from the same company. There are no gel polish factories in the UK. Bluesky is a brand that is manufactured in China (to EU standards) along with other brands.
Here's the second point. You can buy, let's say, Ariel washing powder from Sainsbury, Tesco, a market seller in Splott, or the back of a lorry. You can buy Bluesky from eBay, or you can buy it from us. We offer support, training, and even website design to help people set up in business for themselves. That's the difference. It is one product. It is for you to decide where you trust to go to buy it, and who you trust to sell it to you.
Hope that helps!

This is extremely confusing and unclear.
Are you saying bluesky is made in China then bottled and you sell some of it as your bluesky and others sell it as a different brand also called bluesky? Is the name not trademarked?
Yes some people do sell whatever on eBay etc but it appears as though bluesky the actual company sell direct on eBay. That's the difference. Ids not just a seller but bluesky themselves.
Can I ask your role within the company please?

I'm bloody confused [emoji58]

I think bluesky uk or whatever it is is just another distributor of bluesky as we know it, just like in michealas analogy. This threads got so many unanswered questions & conflicting information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back