Bluesky UK launch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK what I understand of all this...
  • Bluesky UK is just a new shop to buy Bluesky polish (the same Bluesky polish that is available freely on Ebay etc...) and this shop is now offering an accredited course.
  • Bluesky polish has many labels on them some still use Bluesky Shellac others have a Welsh address on them but they ALL come from one supplier in China (including the ones from the new Bluesky UK shop).
  • Bluesky UK say Bluesky polish is NOT tested on animals.

Hi everyone

I'm Jeff and hijacked :) Michaela's account to try and shed some light on the subject.

Bluesky gel polish is only produced in China by a company called Guangzhou Bluesky Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.

They export Bluesky gel polish all over the World.

In each country they export to they have a number of distributors they deal directly with.

We are one of those distributors in the UK. We have called our business Bluesky UK.

Neither Bluesky UK nor Guangzhou Bluesky Chemical Technology sell on Amazon or ebay. However, other distributors may. I am not in a position to tell you whether a particular seller on these platforms is a genuine distributor or not, or if their product is authentic.

We have a website we sell from and this has been mentioned above in this thread. Other distributors have their own websites, again I'm in no position to comment on theirs.

We are relatively new to the market place and entered into it as we saw an opportunity to raise the profile amongst the professional market of this product.

To this end we have spent time and money in developing two courses that offer CPD points for Bluesky gel polish. We have partnered with academies and colleges throughout the UK to deliver the practical element of this training.

No other distributor is offering Bluesky courses.

I hope the above helps.

Thanks for reading

So no matter who's selling it or what label is on it, it's all made by the company in China. ITS ALL EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF.

(This raises the animal testing question again.)

As for authenticity, I don't think anyone is going to be making gel polish and trying to pass it off as Bluesky ... What's to gain?

So no matter who's selling it or what label is on it, it's all made by the company in China. ITS ALL EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF.

(This raises the animal testing question again.)

As for authenticity, I don't think anyone is going to be making gel polish and trying to pass it off as Bluesky ... What's to gain?
Basically yes from what I can tell it is all the same stuff with numerous labels on it (from what I can tell they all say Bluesky but it could be that other labels are used too - maybe other low cost brands are the same contents but with other names on the label or in different shape bottles).
If China's policy is not to test this type of product (gel polish) on animals then none of it will have been tested on animals, what label is on it will make no difference as it's what type of product determins if animal testing is required or not. I've not looked into the claims or any of the links as I have no intention of using the product (I no longer do gel nails for clients).

So bluesky uk don't own or produce the polish? They just sell it?
I'm not surprised that someone who is just a seller Knows so little about the product. Is anyone at bluesky uk a trained nail technician?
You as a distributor may not sell on eBay etc but other authorised distributors too. This means it will never be a professional brand.

So bluesky uk don't own or produce the polish? They just sell it?
Yes that is correct, Bluesky UK is just a shop that is selling stock made by someone else - exactly like the sellers who sell on Ebay, Amazon etc... They do NOT make the product or have anything to do with the company that does except they have an account to buy from them & sell it on to people in the UK.
S2 is the same though - they buy the stock from CND and sell it in the UK, they have no control over CND, they are a different company to S2 BUT S2 have chosen products that are not already easily available at cheap prices and they insist on seeing qualifications and aproving your account before sending out an order.

Bluesky UK have tried to make the product a pro product by writing a course and getting it aproved for accreditation, I can't say that's a bad move but in my opinion they have made a bad choice in the product they have decided to sell because it's already too readily available to the public at silly, cheap prices from non professional places (like Ebay).

I believe a true professional would prefer to buy products that are not so easily purchased by the public at the same (or sometimes even cheaper) price that they pay - not quite the same as what hapens with CND things that are found for sale on Ebay etc.. as those products are usually sold for more than what the professional can buy them for direct from S2.

Might be barking up the wrong tree here........ But Is it only me that's thinking what a coincidence it is that mikala-nails ls liking Michaela at bluesky UK posts? Hmmm.....

Might be barking up the wrong tree here........ But Is it only me that's thinking what a coincidence it is that mikala-nails ls liking Michaela at bluesky UK posts? Hmmm.....

Do you know that thought hadn't occurred? Hmm.

[emoji23] sorry..so I'm not allowed to like someone's posts now because she has the same name as me? Soz fluffy but yes you're barking up the wrong tree love x

Do you know that thought hadn't occurred? Hmm.
It hadn't occurred that there's more than one Michaela on Salon Geek [emoji33] my god we must be working together then!!

[emoji23] sorry..so I'm not allowed to like someone's posts now because she has the same name as me? Soz fluffy but yes you're barking up the wrong tree love x

We have had people on this site before using different aliases so forgive my cynicism.......LOVE!!!

We have had people on this site before using different aliases so forgive my cynicism.......LOVE!!!
Haha believe me I don't care enough..I've said I love bluesky,everyone on here hates me for it,I won't loose any sleep ha x

Haha believe me I don't care enough..I've said I love bluesky..everyone on here hates me for it,I won't loose any sleep ha x

.....hate I think that's a bit strong your choice of product is your choice of product. Sleep well!

.....hate I think that's a bit strong your choice of product is your choice of product. Sleep well!
I know it is,and I will thanks [emoji106]

Asked, answered and time to close this one now.

Please may I post a gentle reminder here though....reply unto others how you would like others to reply to you and if there's nothing nice to say, then please don't say anything at all.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back