Bluesky UK launch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RED STAR

Reaction score
Wondering what the professional nail techs on here think of BLUESKY launching their own accredited diploma?o_O

Dodgy at best.

Brilliant :D bout time

I also saw they had a stand at PB?! x

That it doesn't make much sense. What does the diploma get you when you are already buying the stuff on Facebook or eBay?

That it doesn't make much sense. What does the diploma get you when you are already buying the stuff on Facebook or eBay?

And which insurance will support it?

This is their course where all their support products such as remover, dehydrator etc are CND!!! Wonder where they're buying that?! They really ought to be concentrating on making their products as safe as possible and also finding their own brand identity instead of copying everything CND does :rolleyes:

Do you think Bluesky will be taking the Aldi / Lidal approach, as in, 'looks the same, but half the price'?

Look at how Aldi 'upped' their game, especially this Christmas with their clever advertising campaign.:cool:
Aldi are now opening stores all over, including affluent areas such as Chelsea.o_O
I don't think the other supermarkets saw that coming!:oops:

The main cost of a nail service is surely the labour cost, so will much to be saved/gained, by switching to a cheaper, less known brand?

New Do you think Bluesky will be taking the Aldi / Lidal approach, as in, 'looks the same, but half the price'?
Thats exactly what they're doing, they tried and were sued for the 'Looks identical but half the price' ! Just a shame that instead of copying others brand identity they don't also try and copy the quality of other brands o_O

Look at how Aldi 'upped' their game, especially this Christmas with their clever advertising campaign.:cool:
Aldi are now opening stores all over, including affluent areas such as Chelsea.o_O
I don't think the other supermarkets saw that coming!:oops:
I don't think we should be comparing a supermarket and buying cheap food to a pampering treatment which is a luxury, not a necessity. That's one of the trends in the last few years I actually find quite frustrating! We offer a luxury service and I think whilst we want to encourage as many people as possible to use our services we still need to be seen as a luxury, as a bit of pampering otherwise both our actual and our perceived value is reduced is it not? I don't want the type of clients who think I should be offering my services for as small a figure as they can find, I want clients to feel valued, relaxed and special and to appreciate that I have crated that experience for them, quite honestly!

The main cost of a nail service is surely the labour cost, so will much to be saved/gained, by switching to a cheaper, less known brand?
Exactly. Our time is our most valuable thing that we have to give yet I don't think many self employed people, those who have no business experience, actually realise this sadly. Our product cost per service is small, and when we start comparing quality products to cheap copy cat ones the difference is literally just pennies. It's ridiculous to buy cheap when by increasing your cost by just £1 to the client will more than adequately cover the difference in cost per service and will in turn increase your profit! So simple yet so many just don't seem able to grasp it :rolleyes:

I use the supermarket comparison because i see this as becoming the 'barometer' for the whole retail trade.
Hair and beauty services are being increasingly offered as part of retailing, and I think we need to acknowledge this is happening.
If you go into stores like House of Fraser, You can get a make up make-over for Free, as long as you purchase a couple of their products...(Mac/Urban decay/Benefit)
Benefit will tint and shape your brows in store, and there a blow dry bar should you want to complete the look.
Stores have always offered hair & beauty....but it was behind closed doors....in a separate department.
Now, it's in front of shop.
Retailing off the back of the service.

Last edited:
I offer free makeovers. Sold £200 yesterday on the back of it :D
Good for you, I'm not bothered by the benebrows idea it's only fuelling the brow fire making it a more popular treatment, people won't necessarily get it done there when they're in house of Fraser or whatever buying their bits but it will get people thinking 'is like to try that I'll ask so and so when I get my nails done/hair done/legs waxed whatever when I'm at the salon next about that' x

And which insurance will support it?
Hi. The Bluesky Diploma and Certificate qualification are valid for insurance purposes and are fully accredited by the Beauty Guild.

Hi. The Diploma qualifies nail techs to use Bluesky gel polish professionally. The course is comprehensive and nail techs can also use other brands if they wish. Only Bluesky polishes are used on the courses, and students get a reduction on their first order from our online shop to help them set up in business.

This is their course where all their support products such as remover, dehydrator etc are CND!!! Wonder where they're buying that?! They really ought to be concentrating on making their products as safe as possible and also finding their own brand identity instead of copying everything CND does :rolleyes:
We use Bluesky cuticle oil, remover, and primer as well as gel polish for the course, including a matte finish. We have no intention of copying CND, Bluesky gel polish courses are very much our own. All products have MSDS which we also take students through so that they can explain the safety facts to clients if required. Our teachers are professionals and have been training nail techs in the beauty industry for at least 15 years.

Hi. The Diploma qualifies nail techs to use Bluesky gel polish professionally. The course is comprehensive and nail techs can also use other brands if they wish. Only Bluesky polishes are used on the courses, and students get a reduction on their first order from our online shop to help them set up in business.

Can just anyone still buy it without qualification though?

We use Bluesky cuticle oil, remover, and primer as well as gel polish for the course, including a matte finish. We have no intention of copying CND, Bluesky gel polish courses are very much our own. All products have MSDS which we also take students through so that they can explain the safety facts to clients if required. Our teachers are professionals and have been training nail techs in the beauty industry for at least 15 years.

Why do you copy the bottle design and names of CND shellac polishes then?

We have no intention of copying CND, Bluesky gel polish courses are very much our own.

If you have no intention of copying CND can you explain:
•why your product was originally called Bluesky Shellac?
•Why many of your colours that are similar to CND Shellac colours have the exact same name?
•Why your bottle design for colour coats, base coats and top coats are almost identical to CND shellac bottles?

I'm made up..Can't wait [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back