Bluesky UK launch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats exactly what they're doing, they tried and were sued for the 'Looks identical but half the price' ! Just a shame that instead of copying others brand identity they don't also try and copy the quality of other brands o_O

I don't think we should be comparing a supermarket and buying cheap food to a pampering treatment which is a luxury, not a necessity. That's one of the trends in the last few years I actually find quite frustrating! We offer a luxury service and I think whilst we want to encourage as many people as possible to use our services we still need to be seen as a luxury, as a bit of pampering otherwise both our actual and our perceived value is reduced is it not? I don't want the type of clients who think I should be offering my services for as small a figure as they can find, I want clients to feel valued, relaxed and special and to appreciate that I have crated that experience for them, quite honestly!

Exactly. Our time is our most valuable thing that we have to give yet I don't think many self employed people, those who have no business experience, actually realise this sadly. Our product cost per service is small, and when we start comparing quality products to cheap copy cat ones the difference is literally just pennies. It's ridiculous to buy cheap when by increasing your cost by just £1 to the client will more than adequately cover the difference in cost per service and will in turn increase your profit! So simple yet so many just don't seem able to grasp it :rolleyes:
Clients do of course pay for professionalism and a great service experience. The price differential is by no means everything, and the cost is approximately £6 less cost per client treatment using Bluesky for a finish that lasts up to 3 weeks. We think that's a win:win.

If you have no intention of copying CND can you explain:
•why your product was originally called Bluesky Shellac?
•Why many of your colours that are similar to CND Shellac colours have the exact same name?
•Why your bottle design for colour coats, base coats and top coats are almost identical to CND shellac bottles?
We are a UK distributor offering Bluesky to the British nail industry. We don't use CND names. Perhaps you are looking at different site. We run a sister site for Bluesky UK Training. Thanks for your great comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you copy the bottle design and names of CND shellac polishes then?
Thanks for the comment. Bluesky UK doesn't use CND names for it's colour shades. We have over 800 colours.

Shellac is a name for varnish cnd is the brand anyone can use the name shellac they can't use cnd tho :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    551.7 KB · Views: 189
I'm confused. So there's more than one Bluesky company? Aside from the training?

We are a UK distributor offering Bluesky to the British nail industry. We don't use CND names. Perhaps you are looking at different site. We run a sister site for Bluesky UK Training. Thanks for your great comments.

So do you work for Bluesky or just a company that distributes Bluesky?!

I'm confused as to what it is you actually do and also your comments on the names?! The people that 'make' Bluesky have clearly named some of their shades identical to CND shellac names so they have copied them...

So you dont work for Bluesky, you just distribute it?

And also someone please feel free to correct me as I'm totally winging it here but i thought 'CND Shellac' was the brand name - hence all the confusions between clients 'claiming' to have shellac when they actually have Gelish etc etc... :) xxx

Shellac is a name for varnish cnd is the brand anyone can use the name shellac they can't use cnd tho :)

No, although shellac is the generic name for a varnish made from insect secretions, Shellac is a trademarked name that cannot be used in connection with nail varnish except by CND. So using either CND or Shellac for a nail product would be a trademark violation.

Maybe Bluesky companies are copying Bluesky companies and some are rip offs :D

Oh the irony!

Vic x

Well it's a rip-off world folks....
As we speak, someone, somewhere, will be making a carbon copy of....... CCO. :oops:

Well it's a rip-off world folks....
As we speak, someone, somewhere, will be making a carbon copy of....... CCO. :oops:

Lol

And some will buy it if it's cheaper, then they will probably offer gel polish to clients for £2.50!!! [ emoji33]

I don't understand why there is "training" if everyone can get blue sky off any website without qualification anyway. It's just excuse to look better really imho

Here come the haters! Lololol. Nail techs are allowed to use whatever brand they like, if some of you go for a well-known brand then that's great, others like bluesky. Why does it matter. We all have our own client base. I like bluesky and will defo look into this course.

Here come the haters! Lololol. Nail techs are allowed to use whatever brand they like, if some of you go for a well-known brand then that's great, others like bluesky. Why does it matter. We all have our own client base. I like bluesky and will defo look into this course.

Yep I'm a hater of you wish to call me so.
Why does it matter? Because its companies like this that are breeding all the £5 a set 'nail techs' and cheapening the industry.

We are all entitled to an opinion.
And if I don't like or agree with something of course I'll say so. Especially if It's something I feel strongly about. :)

I'm still so confused? Your not exactly distributing to the 'British nail industry' as Bluesky is still widely available on eBay etc; not a pro only site. Their IS Bluesky that is being sold with exact copies of CND Shellac colours. Finally, some Bluesky is being sold as 'Bluesky Gel Polish' and others as 'Bluesky Shellac'? (See photos)
How can this be looked on as a genuine pro brand, if there is so many inconsistencies in your 'branding' and you are still distributing to eBay and other similar sites? None of these questions from other posters have really been answered properly yet? I'm sorry, just as you now provide a training course, it would not convince me yet that it is a quality pro product due to all the issues Iv stated.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455188477.087172.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455188486.448286.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455188495.019088.jpg

I'm confused. So there's more than one Bluesky company? Aside from the training?
Hi. There are several distributors in the UK. Most sell on Ebay and Amazon. We don't. We are here: www.blueskyuk.world. Thanks. I hope that helps clear up the confusion. Michaela

I'm still so confused? Your not exactly distributing to the 'British nail industry' as Bluesky is still widely available on eBay etc; not a pro only site. Their IS Bluesky that is being sold with exact copies of CND Shellac colours. Finally, some Bluesky is being sold as 'Bluesky Gel Polish' and others as 'Bluesky Shellac'? (See photos)
How can this be looked on as a genuine pro brand, if there is so many inconsistencies in your 'branding' and you are still distributing to eBay and other similar sites? None of these questions from other posters have really been answered properly yet? I'm sorry, just as you now provide a training course, it would not convince me yet that it is a quality pro product due to all the issues Iv stated.View attachment 194199View attachment 194200View attachment 194201
I think I said 'bringing Bluesky to the Professional sector'. There seems a lot attached to whether a brand is professional or not. I think it's the people who are professional, not a product. Clients are paying for a great service, professionally applied, and a great product finish they are happy with. That is what I mean by professional - it is something that a client pays for as opposed to 'amateur'. We are a UK distributor with high business standards, which is why we have developed courses accredited by the Beauty Guild for 25 CPD points, and valid for insurance purposes. Bluesky UK can't comment on other distributors, so if people want ethical, they should come to us.
There are many salons and training academies across the UK that already use Bluesky professionally and these professionals swear by Bluesky gel polish, not about it. Thanks

I think I said 'bringing Bluesky to the Professional sector'. There seems a lot attached to whether a brand is professional or not. I think it's the people who are professional, not a product. Clients are paying for a great service, professionally applied, and a great product finish they are happy with. That is what I mean by professional - it is something that a client pays for as opposed to 'amateur'.

So by that analogy, if I use Rimmel or Boots No.7 make-up, I can still advertise my services as a Professional Make up Artist because I have a certificate in make up?

Erm, I don't think so. ;)

Feels like most of you have no clue what professional means.
Professional nail tech is a nail tech that makes living by doing it.
Amateur nail tech is who does it for fun and treats it as a hobby.
Professional product is usually available only to the industry professionals who have certificates and qualifications etc.
Professional using professional products would be more desirable to a client as a client can't get the same results or service at home.
Professional using non-professional products is just less desirable to a consumer.

While I do appreciate your efforts to improve your outreach to professional nail techs, I do find this a bit disingenuous. Although you are Bluesky UK, you are a distributor of Bluesky. That is important because although you are apparently not selling the Bluesky Shellac, Bluesky continues to make and market it as seen in this parent company website - http://www.blueskynail.com/products_index/&FrontColumns_navigation01-topnavFirstColumnId=81.html. There are still no MSDS on either Bluesky UK or the parent Bluesky website. Bluesky, like most Chinese cosmetics products, is not cruelty-free and is tested on animals. Both Bluesky UK and Bluesky continue to sell directly to consumers. While individuals are considered professional, so are products. A professional product is one that is marketed to professionals, provides education and marketing support for professionals, advertises in professional media, and generally supports the professionals of the trade. While anyone can buy anything in an open market, it is the focus of the company/product that makes a product professional and it is the combination of a professional product used by a professional tech that makes for a professional service.

Perhaps it is a failing on my part, but I must admit there is probably little Bluesky could do to convince me that it is willing to be a legitimate brand in its own right. I don’t mean to sound harsh or rude, but I have watched Bluesky for the past several years as they had to be sued by CND and HNH to remove “Shellac” and “Gelish” from their products, as they used (stole?) the graphic identity of other brands, as they inundated Amazon and eBay selling directly to consumers, as they provided no associated products and no support to professionals (and still don’t- the training is for those with no previous experience). Every professional is free to make her own choices. My work has been in training and moving NSS and borderline NSS into the realm of professionals. I will continue to advise my clients to avoid counterfeit brands like Bluesky and CCO.

So by that analogy, if I use Rimmel or Boots No.7 make-up, I can still advertise my services as a Professional Make up Artist because I have a certificate in make up?

Erm, I don't think so. ;)
Thank you again for your comments, and note that blueskynail is not the parent company. Bluesky gel polish is a professional brand because it is used by professionals, and is supported by VTCT academy teachers. If you are a professional makeup artist then you are a professional makeup artist. Ironically, I have registered as a buyer on several websites that purport to sell only to professionals. No actual evidence was required.
Just because a product is less expensive does not mean it is of a poorer quality. Perhaps listening to what customer say would be advantageous.
Bluesky is cruelty free, 3 free, and is not tested on animals. Thank you for your comments. I have checked with our IT department and have asked that the MSDS are more visible. Please check back at the beginning on the week on www.blueskyuk.world, and if you are still not happy with the visibility please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back