Body exfoliation treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISparkles

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a body scrub they use without showering it off?
Thank you!

I don't think I've ever come across an exfoliant that doesn't need rinsing off with water.
If it is a full body exfoliation then it's easiest if the client showers however, it is quite possible to achieve manually by applying and rinsing each part of the body with the client on the couch.

If you exfoliated but left the product on, how would you remove the dead skin cells before the next stage of treatment?
Even an exfoliant that works with enzymes for example, rather than gritty bits, would still not be suitable to leave on the skin.

You could give the client the exfoliant and tell them to use it and shower at home before they come for their tan or whatever.

I use the Eve Taylor one which I remove with hot mitts/towels. Never leaves any bits behind

I had once once that she just brushed off!
But it was a long time ago and I'm not sure what she used!

I am also looking to do this mobile with hot towels/mitts removal, but thinking will it be too messy?

I am also looking to do this mobile with hot towels/mitts removal, but thinking will it be too messy?

I think it would be fine to do as a mobile service, as long as you have a few practise sessions and trouble shooting trials.

I don't do this mobile, but I introduced a back facial when facial restrictions were in place and I soon got to grips with it. To be honest I would turn it into a back facial and then you can charge more for your efforts.
My clients loved it.

You will need 1 large towel underneath the client, one tucked into their lower garments which is lifted over their back after each element is completed to prevent them from becoming cold and also for their modesty. Also you need a towel the size of their back which I used as a hot steamy towel with aromatherapy oils to further enhance the sensorial treat.

I asked my client to shower before treatment as an extra hygiene step before arrival....which they happily did.
If you would like me to go through my method step by step just ask.

Oh yes please if you don’t mind, although how did you hear the towels up? I have a towel warmer for my facials an it fit up to 8 facecloths in there. I would love to no your method thank you 😊

Can anyone recommend a body scrub they use without showering it off?
Thank you!
Espa do one exfoliating body polish that you can just dry mitt off once it’s worked into skin. I love Kaeso’s Body exfoliators I use them in pedicures. You will need to use wet mitts to remove the Kaeso scrubs. Also Kaeso is more cost effective than Espa. Hope that helps!

Bella 1234

So low tech to do- I don't have a hot cabinet . A simple bowl with really hot water that the guest towel goes into. Plus aromatherapy oils added to the water to my clients' needs.
I use one guest towel as the full back steam and pop it into really hot water twice. As the hot guest towel comes off I quickly pull up the hand towel that is tucked in at their lower garment level to stop them from getting cold. meanwhile the wet guest towel is ready for wringing out a second time.
I hope that makes sense....it really does work so well. I am pretty quick to pull up the dry replacement towel in between the steamy hot one.

Here's my method:-

Wet cleanse using large sponges to "clean" the back. Wet with warm water on the large sponge discs or large cotton wool pads.

Cleanse x2 and remove with damp cotton wool
Tone
Hot guest towels
Then I use exfoliator - Not too much because you don't want to be fighting to remove excess grains. Remove with hot mitts, flicking off the grains as you go . These land on the towel underneath the client as long as you haven't used too much product there will not be many left grains to flick away.
Tone

Massage for as long as you want to /remove with damp cotton wool or toner

Masque application for the desired time ( I gently place a new towel over to cover so that the client doesn't get cold, but it's one that has been on a heat source) Then a blanket .

Remove excess with hot mitts ,tone , moisturise. Alternatively I use a leave on mask that won't need removal ( I use "Payot Paris" Baume en masque - perfect for leaving on.)

Enjoy creating your own as I have and charge for it as it is a real luxury treat.
Good luck.

Wow that sounds amazing I will definitely try this x x

Bella 1234

So low tech to do- I don't have a hot cabinet . A simple bowl with really hot water that the guest towel goes into. Plus aromatherapy oils added to the water to my clients' needs.
I use one guest towel as the full back steam and pop it into really hot water twice. As the hot guest towel comes off I quickly pull up the hand towel that is tucked in at their lower garment level to stop them from getting cold. meanwhile the wet guest towel is ready for wringing out a second time.
I hope that makes sense....it really does work so well. I am pretty quick to pull up the dry replacement towel in between the steamy hot one.

Here's my method:-

Wet cleanse using large sponges to "clean" the back. Wet with warm water on the large sponge discs or large cotton wool pads.

Cleanse x2 and remove with damp cotton wool
Tone
Hot guest towels
Then I use exfoliator - Not too much because you don't want to be fighting to remove excess grains. Remove with hot mitts, flicking off the grains as you go . These land on the towel underneath the client as long as you haven't used too much product there will not be many left grains to flick away.
Tone

Massage for as long as you want to /remove with damp cotton wool or toner

Masque application for the desired time ( I gently place a new towel over to cover so that the client doesn't get cold, but it's one that has been on a heat source) Then a blanket .

Remove excess with hot mitts ,tone , moisturise. Alternatively I use a leave on mask that won't need removal ( I use "Payot Paris" Baume en masque - perfect for leaving on.)

Enjoy creating your own as I have and charge for it as it is a real luxury treat.
Good luck.

hi can I just ask what products do you use for back facial? Kaeso?

hi can I just ask what products do you use for back facial? Kaeso?

I do use a combination of kaeso and Payot Paris. Mostly it is my premium skin care in this back facial (Payot) as they are paying for a luxury treatment.
You can use whatever you like because it is the overall treatment and actual massage techniques that will be remembered.
HTH

Yeah I was thinking of doing a body scrub with a hot towel removal or mitts then finish with a back massage x

Latest posts

Back