Body scrub procedure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalieb125

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've got a client booked in for a full body scrub and moisturise followed by a luxury facial and I'm trying to work out the best way of doing it! I usually do scrubs in the spa I work at and the clients shower it off but this is a private client at my home treatment room without shower facilities. I'm going to use warm mitts to remove the scrub but what would be the best procedure for keeping it as relaxing as possible without too much moving about? I'm thinking I'll start with the client laying face down and body brush first. Then apply the scrub and mitt it off and wipe over with a dry mitt to make sure all the grains are removed. My problem is, if I then apply the moisturiser (to save them turning over, turning back and then back over!) then any 'bits' that are on the couch will stick to them when they turn over so how do I get around that?! Or I'm wondering, do I only apply scrub to the back when they're face down and then when they turn over get them to bend their legs and do the front & backs at the same time with the scrub followed by moistiser but I don't think that's so relaxing... And obviously I need the bed to be free of any bits because they're then going to be laying there for the facial but don't want them to have to get up half way through the treatment and just stand there while I change the sheets so does anyone know a way around that?! Arghhhh please help! Haha!

I lay an extra large towel over the couch roll for them to lay on, then I do the scrub (back, back of legs - TURN - front of legs, stomach, etc). Next I take the towel with the grains on from under them, so they are laying on the clean couch roll. Hope that helps!

What baffles me is why you didn't have actual practice doing this at college with or without a shower facility.

Anyhow my two pennies worth is I place the towels X 2 on the bed and have electric blanket on to keep client warm.
Then my plastic wax sheet then another layer of towels. Section off the client into lower leg , upper leg, X 2 then back. Then turn over and repeat plus arms.
I only expose the area being worked on so the client is nice an snugly whole treatment. You should NOT have any fall out or grit if done correctly and the right amount used. But if that should happen use mits then wipe client down with a small hand towel which is kept close by and gently fold the other part of the towel she is lying on over : this now eliminates the fall out issue and you have new set towels for when she turns over. Also a nice treat is to add a steamer to the body while exfoliating gives a more luxurious feeling.
And keep fresh water for wipe down.

I only did my NVQ Level 2 at college which didn't cover body treatments and I have since trained with Elemis and all of their scrubs/wraps are removed in the shower.

Thanks to both of you for your advice!

Latest posts

Back