Body Shop parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmadorney

Reaction score
Hi geeks me again ! Feel like a live on here ! So I run a home treatment room and have been apron her by a local girl who asked if she could leave some order forms and body shop products to try and ask my clients if they needed anything ! I’m not retailing so said yes ! She messaged me asking if there was any interest n I said no , but feel bad for her ! I was wondering if anyone’s has maybe done party’s or events with ppl like this and incorporated your beauty treatments while the reps do there thing ? Xx

No, I wouldn’t get involved in retailing Bodyshop stuff. It just cheapens your reputation and puts you on a par with an Avon rep!

For starters it’s an MLM company now so it’s all about recruiting others to sell stuff plus it’s not a professional brand. Anyone that gets into MLM selling will lose money, and friends!

If you want to build a successful salon business from home and be taken seriously as a professional beauty therapist, you need to use and retail professional brand products. You’ve put money and effort into getting yourself professionally qualified, do you really want your clients to view you in the same light as someone doing party selling for a few quid?

I've been approached recently too. I already retail so said no, but to be honest I wouldn't have said yes anyway, as the Bodyshop isn't a professional product range. I would also never do professional treatments using any Bodyshop products. As therapists we should be highlighting to our clients that we have access to products that they don't, due to our qualifications. What we use (should be) superior to Bodyshop.

Also, the lady that sells near me (who I believe is very successful with it) dishes out skincare advice even though she holds no qualification in this area, some of this advice is incorrect, so I definitely wouldn't want to be associated with that. Absolutely anyone can retail for bodyshop, whereas we are trained in our field. I wouldn't lower yourself.

Latest posts

Back