Body Therapist only, can it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
I am thinking about not doing facial treatment and just concentrating on body treatments like hot stones and massage. Do you think this would work? Also if I did this would I be best to offer back exfoliating/mask treatments too and can I just buy the products for these from suppliers? If so, which suppliers can you recommend?

Hi,

It its aways nice to be able to offer an assortment of treatments, but on saying that if you are good at what you do, you will be able to make a business out of it. "goodluck"

is there a reason you dont want to offer facials? you really need to look at your market. it may work if there are other salons/spa's/therapists that offer facials and you want a niche market but then i would suggest that you also expand your treatments possibly down the holistic route.

To be honest the reason is I don't want the initial huge outlay for the products. I suppose long term I would do facials but I was hoping to just do bodywork to start with.

Hi LBR

I started out with just Bodywork - Reflexology - Relaxation Massage - Aromatherapy - Deep Tissue Massage only since then I have added Hopi Ear Candling and Indian Head Massage - Corporate Chair - Natural Face Lift Massage and now Waxing - and Remedial Massage -

My reason was the same as you - less outlay but adding things slowly step by step as I trained down the Holistic route but now I am adding my beauty modules one at a time.

I started out mobile but the client's were far and few - but now I rent a room and even though it is early day's - client's are slowly picking up - I love doing massage but it is hard work - but people will come back for a good massage -

Good luck Xx

When I started my mobile business I didn't offer facials for 2 years as, like you, I didn't want to spend out on a huge range of expensive products. I found Eve Taylor products a reasonable price and took them on 3 years ago. I don't get a great deal of call for facials, mostly waxing and threading, but I'd hate to take them off my price list now as I love doing them! I would hold off until you're happy to introduce them, you have to do what's right for your business.

Latest posts

Back