body treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaw001

Reaction score
i work from a treatment room at home and i am wanting to introduce body treatments such as scrubs, body brushing and moisturising. However I want to just be able to use water, sponges or mitts to remove the products. Any suggestions on products. Is there any where that does training on these products?:):)

You might be better sticking with the body brushing and moisturising as a total treatment. Scrubs can be messy if you haven't got shower facilities. I don't know anywhere that does training in body brushing so I haven't been much use to you have I?! I go for elemis treatments quite often and they are amazing - they do it, although they have massive accounts in Health Farms etc. Why don't you try phoning round other salons to find out if they do brushing. You could go and try it (and see which products they use) then you could contact the companies direct.
Does any of that make sense?! I'm tired but can't get off this very addictive site!:)

:eek: NO WAY i own my salon and not only do we do scrubs, but mud wraps,massage, hydro wraps all dermalogica treatments trained to apply and remove in a treatment room with no shower! and if you need any tips how ill tell you...... trust me you dont need a shower babe.....xxxx

If you get in touch with Ellisons I know they run a body treatments course and you get your body brushes in with the course fee as well. Although I think you may have to have a body massage qualification first but you may already have assumed that!!!

HTH x

Hi there, I do a body scrub treatment without shower facilities. I have a bowl of warm water, several mitts and big towels covering the bed and my client. Its fine to do, but I do scrub to arm, wash off, scrub to leg, wash off etc all the way around the body. I do find I need to top up my water with hot water to keep it warm, but its fine as I have a pre-boiled kettle full ready to top up. I would love to offer body wraps, but understand that you have to have showers with these. If anyone knows of a wrap were you dont need a shower, Id love to know:):):) hth

Nearly all (well in my experience) product houses will advise how to remove product if u dont have wet room facilities, I too use dermalogica and although i have a shower will probably not use it as its nicer for the client, unless the shower is the last thing (which it probably wont be cos you'll want to moisturise!

hth

Becki xxx

with dermalogica you dont need showers to do wraps btw

thank you very much for all your help. I think i will see if i can get on a dermalogica training course - i think there is a centre in york:cry::cry:

Try HOF ..house of famuir www.hofbeauty.co.uk they do all sorts of wraps and body masks that can be peeled off or wiped off.

If anyone knows of a wrap were you dont need a shower, Id love to know:):):) hth

Like the above reply - Priadara's Chocobeauty wrap is a peel off one too.

Like the above reply - Priadara's Chocobeauty wrap is a peel off one too.

Ah ok thanks, do they use the bandages etc in the same way as other wraps? If my memory serves me correctly, which would be a first, Priadara are the ellisons ranges arnt they? Many thanks

just been on the hof site.. like the look of some of their products so have ordered a catalogue:cry:

Ah ok thanks, do they use the bandages etc in the same way as other wraps? If my memory serves me correctly, which would be a first, Priadara are the ellisons ranges arnt they? Many thanks

Hi,

No, it doesn't use bandages, its a paraffin wax based chocolate wrap... and yes it's ellisons range so it's not too pricey! they provide a heater but i would imagine any paraffin wax heater could heat the wrap sufficiently (don't quote me on that though!)

I've used the algae bodywrap gel from the House of Famuir site, and remove it with hot flannels. In my last place of work, I used to have a bowl of water and have lots of flannels in it. It wasn't brilliant, as the water would get cold, and the noise of you wringing the flannels out, plus the water would be bit too hot to start.

I now have a steamed towel cabi, so think that would work brilliantly. Haven't done the wraps for a while.

I went on a course to learn to do the wraps, and they used the products from HOF hence buying the products from HOF, but wouldn't recommend the course, it was very average.

Am waiting for information from Germaine de Cappacinni, hoping it arrives tomorrow, as want to do chocolate wraps and facials.

Latest posts

Back