Body Wraps - does technique matter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Bought the Universal Contour Wrap - still doing practice ones on friends. I am getting results but I was wondering on the stomach does it matter how you wrap. I got the training last week but I keep forgetting how to wrap the stomach and I miss out a few of the ways I was shown....at the end I've put on a few extra bandages just in case.

Today I've wrapped quite a large lady and I'll be taking the wrap of soon, I'm nervous incase it hasn't worked becuase I didn't follow the stomach wrap the way I was trained....but if its going to work its going to work...right?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Bought the Universal Contour Wrap - still doing practice ones on friends. I am getting results but I was wondering on the stomach does it matter how you wrap. I got the training last week but I keep forgetting how to wrap the stomach and I miss out a few of the ways I was shown....at the end I've put on a few extra bandages just in case.

Today I've wrapped quite a large lady and I'll be taking the wrap of soon, I'm nervous incase it hasn't worked becuase I didn't follow the stomach wrap the way I was trained....but if its going to work its going to work...right?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

When you trained with UCW, they will have provided you with a comprehensive training manual which will detail every stage of the wrap procedure. Why don't you check your manual to ensure you are wrapping correctly?

hth

It is crucial that you wrap correctly.Usally the stomach is like a criss cross,so you are lifting the stomach with the wraps.

Dont worry too much,just try to concentrate on wrapping your clients as you were shown in your training.

The more you do the better you will become. I will say that quite a lot of these short courses the training is sooo intense you end up forgetting things.This is perfectly normal and one of the main reasons I hate short courses.If you are still forgetting I would give the supplier a ring and ask for advice or if they have a training video.If they dont have a video read through your manual again and write down little hints to remind you before your client comes in.Sometimes it just needs a little memory jog,HTH:hug: :hug:

The lady lost 6.5", I thought she should have lost more, I called my rep who was concerned about the colour of my clay last week, she thought it was too pale and took a bag with her, it's being tested at the minute. She said she'd replace it all if there are any problems. She said it may have been packed in hot conditions which may have affected how it works.

She said to try and stick to the criss-cross on the belly as much as possible, but sometimes with larger ladies it may be difficult to do this.

Another thing, my ladies cellullite was very hard and visible, I think on the next wrap I should see a difference, plus I'm going to put loads more mud on her problem areas........

The lady lost 6.5", I thought she should have lost more, I called my rep who was concerned about the colour of my clay last week, she thought it was too pale and took a bag with her, it's being tested at the minute. She said she'd replace it all if there are any problems. She said it may have been packed in hot conditions which may have affected how it works.

She said to try and stick to the criss-cross on the belly as much as possible, but sometimes with larger ladies it may be difficult to do this.

Another thing, my ladies cellullite was very hard and visible, I think on the next wrap I should see a difference, plus I'm going to put loads more mud on her problem areas........

I think your doing the right thing in contacting your rep.Is she your trainer or jsut the rep of the products you buy from the company?

How long was your training?

I would suggest telling your lady to dry body brush the areas with cellulite.

You could also book her in for some anti cellulite treatments,i.e use an aromatherapy blend to combat cellulite.

We do a treatment which involves dry body brushing,vigorous massage,incorporating loads of tapotement,using a blend of anti cellulite oils.

Also tell your client,if you havn't done so already about tips to help minimise cellulite and about fluid intake.HTH

At the minute she's on a weight loss programme with us - I might suggest she comes for a detoxifying aromatherapy massage after her last wrap and make her a blend for cellulite

Latest posts

Back