Body wraps, lots of questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I'm trying to look into training to do body wraps but I'm not having much sucess, can't find anyone that does it. I live in Newcastle.
I'm really interested in Universal contour wraps.
Does anyone offer these and which ones?
What is the average inch loss?
How much are the start up costs?
Where did you train?

The Natalie Body /Aromatherapy range I chose has a broad wrap selection in their product range. A training programme to go with it also.
Your massage course should cover you unless you choose to use something a little more potent.

I'd suppose it would depend on if the range you use includes wraps as part of the system?

HtH

XX J XX

Hi,

We do the universal contour wrap. Average inch loss is 10-14 inches on the first wrap. Lots of clients have courses and most people lose a dress size in 3 wraps. We charge £50 and include a free express facial.

Lilac

Thanks for the replies, been looking all over the web for training and can't find anywhere.
I really want to do this but can't find anywhere.

hi stictly proffessional do a training course in body wraps under there supplier name Professional Beauty Products from Bellitas

not sure where they do it but they were giving away free training vouchers a while ago - also check ellisons but i think they train in coventry

hth

vicky x

We use Universal Contour Wrap.

Clients are guaranteed to lose 6" or more with their first wrap. Average loss is usually around 10-12", but inch-loss depends on the size of the client and where they store their weight.

Regular clients are equally impressed with the condition of their skin after UCW; tone, elasticity and hydration are greatly improved and cellulite is much less visible. Also clients with facial and back acne notice their spots clear up with regular treatments.

hth

How long do the effects of this treatment last please ?

How long do the effects of this treatment last please ?

For UCW inch loss is guaranteed to last for 30 days providing you haven't gained any weight.

For UCW inch loss is guaranteed to last for 30 days providing you haven't gained any weight.

So as long as you maintain your weight :rolleyes: typical :green: so it's not the easy option i was hoping for then :lol: ,thanks hun xx

Another good treatment to look at is Ionithermie. It uses a combination of galvanic and faradic currents. It si a truely effective treatment. Rather than just expelling excess fluid and toxins, the galvanic current travels through the body's fatty deposits and helps to expell them. Quite complicated stuff but it sure does work.
Why choose Ionithermie

I bought the UCW purely to get clients in and I thought it would be and easy way to make money. To be honest I HATE it, however, It does work and it does get clients in but I've decided to sell it. I think the main thing I hate is washing the bandages, if I was going to invest in a wrap again I would invest in one that involves plastic wrap (cling film) less work for me.

Can you not just put them in the washing machine?
I wasn't being sarcastic there, I meant do you have to hand wash them or something?

Just in the washing machine then in the dryer but when you've done 3 wraps in one day it's a lot of bandages, plus they soak up water very fast - that's their job. This means it can take 9 loads to get them done. I put a full wrap worth of bandages in the washer once and it stopped because of the weight and I had to get a technician out to fix it.

Being self employed it's not worth my time. I rent one room so in reality it takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours of my room time. One wrap is 60 euros where as 2 massages in that time is 120 euros...

Right, I see what you mean. I still want to do it. Just need to find training nearby, can't find anyone.

Why don't you go on to beautyguild.com and enter your postcode into the training directory. You will find somewhere near you that does body wrapping,
hope this helps
Bronni

I e-mailed them last week enquiring and haven't received a reply.
I'm hoping there will be some companies at Excel offering body wraps.
I telephoned Harley Body Wraps yesterday and the lady was extrememly helpful and talked me through everything and sent me a lot of information this morning in the post.

Why don't you go on to beautyguild.com and enter your postcode into the training directory. You will find somewhere near you that does body wrapping,
hope this helps
Bronni

Thanks Bronni will look at that.

Why don't you try phoning them instead. 01784 259988 is their number.

I now have information from UCW, harley body wraps, body coffee and millenium.
Body coffee and UCW are going to be at excel so I will go and see them.
It seems that UCW are the only ones who gurantee an inch loss but they are at least 3 x the price of everyone else, ouch!!
Harley were very informative and friendly when I spoke to them and their start up package is very affordable and training is on a one to one basis by a therapist who has been doing wraps for over 10 years.
I haven't spoke to Body coffee but have some information and will visit them at Excel.
I got a A4 folded piece of paper from millenium with all their courses listed with quite a few spelling mistakes and some letters were even printed too short of the paper so I don't think they will be a choice , not a very good image.
i can't wait to get started but will bide my time till i've been to Excel and spoke to who I need to speak to.
If anyone else knows of others who do body wraps or has personal experience I would love to hear from you.

Latest posts

Back