Body wraps-which brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have read and looked up Shrinking Violet is the same product as Actiderm yet ActiDerms Lipo wraps were available first. I would think slating a company for not giving you details of the ingredients of the product is like asking KFC for the secret recipe. Of course they are not going to tell someone!
And as far as attacking someone for not being qualified, do you think a company would be able to start up etc if this was not something that could legally be done? A body shop consultant carries out facials etc at a party without "qualification" but is given sufficient training. So what's the difference. Just like SV, ActiDerm is not a salon grade /surgical product that requires it to be carried out in a controlled environment.

I personally have heard bad rep about SV but find no need to bad mouth the products or representatives etc. please be aware of these things before slating any company or product that you do not have full details on.

I must admit an actiderm rep told me not to use SV as they delete any post that's is negative on their page etc and aren't permanent, that theyre just dehydration wraps.

Low and behold, I've now heard SV reps saying the exact same thing in reverse...

One thing that I am certain of is that it is NEVER good practise to slate a competitor. Having come from a Business Development background it is always best to keep a dignified silence on competitors products and simply outline the benefits and value of your product. If it really is any good then reputation will sell it.

Right now I've been put off both of these companies...

I've actually used the ActiDerm inch loss wraps myself and lost 5 inches from my first wrap ( last week ) and kept it off.....I have yet to do another wrap. ActiDerm was originally made for salon use and now have the products available for home use too.

They will contact salons to see about you becoming a " consultant " but what that means is basically you earn commission from what you buy for your salon to use on clients ( you wont have to do parties as such ) but you could also offer your clients wrap kits to take home but that's then defeating the object because you can earn more money being them in yourself and charging per treatment and the money you can make per kit as well as the commission from buying it can be worthwhile.

I'm doing an appreciation night next week - a wrap demo and facial demo, see if my clients like it enough. I must admit I had heard of SV before I heard of ActiDerm but then was told it was the same product anyway ( and not from either a sv rep or a actiderm rep )

Make your own mind up.....Ask this lady for a free wrap and facial to see the results for yourself x

From what I have read and looked up Shrinking Violet is the same product as Actiderm yet ActiDerms Lipo wraps were available first. I would think slating a company for not giving you details of the ingredients of the product is like asking KFC for the secret recipe. Of course they are not going to tell someone!
And as far as attacking someone for not being qualified, do you think a company would be able to start up etc if this was not something that could legally be done? A body shop consultant carries out facials etc at a party without "qualification" but is given sufficient training. So what's the difference. Just like SV, ActiDerm is not a salon grade /surgical product that requires it to be carried out in a controlled environment.

I personally have heard bad rep about SV but find no need to bad mouth the products or representatives etc. please be aware of these things before slating any company or product that you do not have full details on.

SV is not the same product as Actiderm. Actiderm is a detox inch loss wrap, SV is a fat loss wrap. SV are open about their active ingredient so I'm not sure why it's wrong to ask another company what theirs is.
I didn't "attack" anyone for not being qualified, I was pointing out the differences between the 2 products. This site is for pro's wanting to advance their business and the experience for their clients. It is a fact that SV is a pro only product and Actiderm is not, it wasn't an opinion. If a client can buy something that they can use in their own home without the need for a therapist, that can have an influence on a therapist's decision to offer a treatment or not so I was merely pointing that out to the OP since she asked. Also, with respect, if I want a facial, I wouldn't go to a Body Shop rep, I would go to a therapist. Body shop reps I'm sure are given training, but are they insured if anything goes wrong and a client has a reaction? Do they have the knowledge of skin structure etc?

Would just like to make a few things clear. ActiDerm is a Fat Loss Wrap.

ActiDerm do FREE DEMONSTRATIONS/Try before you buy. SV charge for treatments.
We do not sell to Salons which is why they are never offered trade prices or sizes.
SV copied ActiDerms text & concept after hosting an ActiDerm party! SV is a product made in Tibby Oliver's kitchen...by her own admission!

I am not here to down another company but will not have one misrepresented. It is at anyones own choice as to what product they use and people come on here to ask advice and it is only fair that each product is represented fairly and factually.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lots of Love

We do not sell to Salons which is why they are never offered trade prices or sizes.
SV copied ActiDerms text & concept after hosting an ActiDerm party! SV is a product made in Tibby Oliver's kitchen...by her own admission!

I am not here to down another company but will not have one misrepresented. It is at anyones own choice as to what product they use and people come on here to ask advice and it is only fair that each product is represented fairly and factually.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lots of Love

This is a forum for professionals, it is actually against site rules to advise OTC products, we advise on professional products only. SV is only available to buy by qualified therapists, Actiderm is available for the public to buy and carry out on other people. This is the point the above poster is trying to make. X

I must admit an actiderm rep told me not to use SV as they delete any post that's is negative on their page etc and aren't permanent, that theyre just dehydration wraps.

Low and behold, I've now heard SV reps saying the exact same thing in reverse...

One thing that I am certain of is that it is NEVER good practise to slate a competitor. Having come from a Business Development background it is always best to keep a dignified silence on competitors products and simply outline the benefits and value of your product. If it really is any good then reputation will sell it.

May I make it VERY clear we have NEVER deleted a comment re a competitor from our page. We have also NEVER delete a sceptic comment. I should know as I run it. We don't have reps so I am not sure where that came from and we never intend to have reps as we sell direct to the professional.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with the adage..If you have nothing nice to say.. I am also the sales director for Tibby Olivier and so anybody enquiring by phone would have spoken to either myself or Julieann the owner and manufacturer and I have NEVER slated another product. I have been in business for 30 yrs so am hardly wet behind the ears.

SV is NOT fluid loss as works for 72 hours and IS permanent unless you continue the lifestyle that put it on in 1st place.

If anyone would like to test any of the above, please feel free

Lots of Love
Neither myself or Julieann have ever held an Actiderm party and yes she made the formula at home before went into production..isn't that a fabulous story x

May I make it VERY clear we have NEVER deleted a comment re a competitor from our page. We have also NEVER delete a sceptic comment. I should know as I run it. We don't have reps so I am not sure where that came from and we never intend to have reps as we sell direct to the professional.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with the adage..If you have nothing nice to say.. I am also the sales director for Tibby Olivier and so anybody enquiring by phone would have spoken to either myself or Julieann the owner and manufacturer and I have NEVER slated another product. I have been in business for 30 yrs so am hardly wet behind the ears.

SV is NOT fluid loss as works for 72 hours and IS permanent unless you continue the lifestyle that put it on in 1st place.

If anyone would like to test any of the above, please feel free

May I ask, if the wraps are permanent UNLESS you carry on your lifestyle as normal, does this mean that the wraps are only permanent if you also changed your diet etc? Being sensible here, if someone had a wrap and then decided it was a license to binge then of course they will gain weight.however what about if a client with a steady weight (albeit carrying more fat then they desired) had wraps but continued their eating habits as normal would the loss still indeed be permanent?

May I ask, if the wraps are permanent UNLESS you carry on your lifestyle as normal, does this mean that the wraps are only permanent if you also changed your diet etc? Being sensible here, if someone had a wrap and then decided it was a license to binge then of course they will gain weight.however what about if a client with a steady weight (albeit carrying more fat then they desired) had wraps but continued their eating habits as normal would the loss still indeed be permanent?

SV takes the fat away....it's up to the client to keep it off. So if someone normally easily maintains their weight then there wild be no need for them to make any adjustments. It's no different in that following a weight loss program can help you lose fat, you then have to find the right balance to maintain once lost. If you go back to what put the weight there in the first place then yes, it will come back. Interestingly, the same is true of liposuction.

my friend owns sv and would be highly insulted to read, that after 25 years in the industry she has hosted a actiderm party or copied its text or concept - and for the record hand made does NOT mean made in her kitchen - i actually think this is liable - if your not misrepresenting i think you are leaving yourself wide open to be sued here

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lots of Love

there arent any sv reps at all - all word of mouth all done by good hard work and the fact that works- if in doubt try it yourself- and totally agree a dignified silence is always maintained

Lois, is this a service you offer in your salon?

Quite disappointed to SG getting rather nasty and personal yet again! Rattles & prams spring to mind! I use SV and my clients have been nothing but thrilled returning for courses and maintaining losses, however if you'd like a witch hunt Tibby makes a Witch cream ; ))

Of course we charge for treatments! I'm a professional therapist, this is my living. I'm hardly likely to give up 2 and a half hours of my time, the money I have invested in products, equipment, training and insurance for nothing am I? I think you just illustrated the point I was trying to make.

I am that confident in SV I offer a guarantee... If you dont lose, you dont pay.... I have never had a client not lose inches and it really does stay off if you follow aftercare
I would much rather have a professional only brand in my salon.

Yes it certainly is

Where in Manchester is your salon ?
im going to Manchester in a few weeks with a few of my girl friends im sure a few of us could love to try them & see how great they are

Where in Manchester is your salon ?
im going to Manchester in a few weeks with a few of my girl friends im sure a few of us could love to try them & see how great they are

Gosh why does that read like a threat lol
You'd be most welcome anytime
Shall I pm you my telephone number
Or you have The Fingertips Centre opening in Glasgow shortly
I am sure you would as a professional be very welcome there also x

Latest posts

Back