Bodywraps - Is It A Big Con?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettypaws

Reaction score
:irked: Do Body Wraps really work or are they a big con?

Nikki
xx

They are a great temporary way of losing inches, through detoxification, but I haven't found one yet that can actually reduce weight or fat.

Dpends on what you are trying to acheive I guess...

I was just wondering whether they actually work as since my training using Bellitas Professional Beauty Contour Wrap I have carried out two wraps on two different clients, both first timers and neither of them lost so much as a 1/4"! I very carefully measured the clients before and after and followed all the instructions to a T. It was an awful waste of 2 hours. I'm going to try a Seaweed one next week and see how that goes but I'm not holding my breath. Has anyone else had this problem?

Nikki
xx

I was just wondering whether they actually work as since my training using Bellitas Professional Beauty Contour Wrap I have carried out two wraps on two different clients, both first timers and neither of them lost so much as a 1/4"! I very carefully measured the clients before and after and followed all the instructions to a T. It was an awful waste of 2 hours. I'm going to try a Seaweed one next week and see how that goes but I'm not holding my breath. Has anyone else had this problem?

Nikki
xx

Please let me know how you get on with the Seaweed one, I am thinking to get one. Thanks hun, xx:hug:

Try the Harley Health Aloe Vera wrap or the Universal Contour Wrap, I lost inches (albeit only for a few days) on both. That said, the inches aren't all from the same place, they measure in several places and add it up, but I did lose over 7 inches when they did and my skin felt fab, smooth and it really improves the look of cellulite.

However, don't forget, if you don't have anything to lose - you won't.

I've had Universal Contour Wrap, and I lost 12 1/2 inches all over (but I am a bit of a lard arse anyway), but I have kept the inches off.

Just don't go down the road and neck a full bag of donuts!!! Also you have to be careful about your caffine, booze (none) and water (have shed loads) intake for a few days, and no hot baths. My skin was so soft.

I'd definately have another one! (Kids permitting!!!):lol:

I have been using body wraps within my salon for nine years they are very popular .
They are not a weight loss aid but are fantastic for a night out or a celebration party .
They help to eliminate excess water so you can fit into that special outfit and feel less bloated.
But before you are wrapped you are exfoliated and after the wrap you are moisturised so it is a lovely treatment to have.

Even if only temporary.

Ruby

How does it actually work? I used to do the ShapeChangers Detox wrap, and got good (temporary) results, but they could never explain scientifically how it actually worked. The whole 'it draws toxins out through you skin' malarkey is just not convincing.

I guess it's more to do with compression and squashing the flabby bits together. If you measured again in 12 hours would the inches still be at bay? And how many different points do you measure? The system I used suggested around 24 separate measurements, so just a tiny loss at each can result in 12 inches off!!! Do you mark every measurement on the body so that the tape goes in exactly the same place again?

And finally does the tape measure get tightened a little more for the 'after' measurements - you can see the temptation when client has paid £25 and there is little difference? I have been to a salon locally where they were definitely slack for the 'before' and tight for the 'after'. I'm not suggesting that you do this Ruby - your treatment sounds positively divine!!!!!

Your skin does feel lovely afterwards, and clothes seem to slip on but I sometimes felt you shrank a little because it was so damn cold!!!!

sugar xxxx

One of the reasons I didnt take on body wraps when i had a salon was simply because I really couldnt be bothered with the flack of people who were expecting miracles...

But for temporary inch loss its wonderful...My thought on how it works iss because I imagined it was a bit like wearing a tigh sock around your ankles for an hour or so and when you take them off there is slight compression left where the sock was...I imagine the body wrap to do the same sort of job but with wonderful gels and detoxifying products to help with water retention leaving soft skin...might be right off track with this!!

You don't need to tighten the tape a little bit more it does make you lose inches but as I said it is only temporary for the day it is not a weight loss it helps you to eliminate excess water (for the day ) and its well worth £25.00
but I suppose it depends on where you get it done the bandages have to be wrapped properly.

Ruby

yes - definitely a case of 'you pay your money and take your choice'.. Univeral Contour have a good reputation and no doubt the training to match. Some just hand you a pamphlet and let you get on with it!!

Has anyone tried the clingfilm wraps as opposed to the crepe bandages?

yes - definitely a case of 'you pay your money and take your choice'.. Univeral Contour have a good reputation and no doubt the training to match. Some just hand you a pamphlet and let you get on with it!!

Dreamweigh uses their own special stretch plastic with their Meltaway wrap. Its a two part wrap system - on the days you dont wrap you then rub on the Everyday Cream. It is NOT a water loss wrap - works thru the metabolism of the fat cell! Contact me on [email protected] or go to our website DreamWeigh.com using reference 00-00019.

Ciao for now!

Sue

I haven't, but one of my nail clients said she had tried several wraps and the cling film ones were MUCH better and she lost far more inches with it.

I was a model for one in training and I actually put on an inch around my tummy :eek: , although it was just after lunch!

Nikki
xx

I have had very good results with this system. did u go to bellitas to train? theres a certain way that you need to bandage the client up.

x

I had my training with the Beauty Training Academy and we were taught using the Bellitas Professional Beauty Wrap. We were taught how to wrap correctly and in fact the trainer was most impressed with my bandaging and thought I had done the course before! I'm still not that convinced and I'm not pushing the wraps at the moment.

Nikki

My friend offers bodywraps in her salon and do you get inch loss although it's only excess fluid and not fat, so if you are not careful with your diet afterwards you'll fill out again. Good for that special occasion when you need to fit into an outfit.

deb379

I've had Universal Contour Wrap, and I lost 12 1/2 inches all over (but I am a bit of a lard arse anyway), but I have kept the inches off.

Just don't go down the road and neck a full bag of donuts!!! Also you have to be careful about your caffine, booze (none) and water (have shed loads) intake for a few days, and no hot baths. My skin was so soft.

I'd definately have another one! (Kids permitting!!!):lol:

Sounds great :green:.

Do you know how i can find out if anyone offers them locally to me ?

Thankyou x

Latest posts

Back