Bonding and curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristine

Reaction score
Hi

Could somebody please tell me how the different systems bond to the natural nail. I know Retention+ bonds to keratin what about other L&P systems, gel & Fabric?

What are the full curing times for each system?

Cristine :)

Right Hun they are all from the Acrylic family............

They all bond to keratin.........the nail plate is made of keratin........The nail plate is porous, so it will absorb........ but must be clean ,oil and dust free, in order for any application to be successful

R+ loves Keratin, so the more Keratin or the healthier the nailplate the better the adhesion....

Right see if I can get this right.............

L&P: monomer(Liquid) and polymer(Powder),anchor to the nailplate,by patting and pressing and then cure in 24-48 hours............ to speed up this process, block out air and it will harden faster...........Curing time 24-48 hours!

Resin as in ETHYL Cynoacrylate ,Fabric#...as it is in liquid form, it is brushed or spread on to the nail plate....... Resin is absorbed by the nail plate and the activator is the catalyst here......... creates heat..... heat cures....... so instant curing.............. so it reaches the end of the polymerisation chain much faster then L&P.........So curing time instant!

UV Gel:As it is thicker it needs to be worked in to the nail plate...hence the circular motion when applying gel....... A all in one polymer and monomer that requires light to cure.......
Again after the curing time.....end of chain reaction and instant curing... Curing time 2-3 minutes depending on strength of UV light.......

This is just a very basic explanation............
If you want to find out more in depth, read Dough Schoon.......... Nail Structure and Product Chemistry........... It's all in there..........

So hope this helps, I am sure Mr. Geek can add to this..he is so much better with huge words lol.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back