Bonding gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't mean to appear thick!! :lol: but my question is, I take it that bonding gel is a type of glue. If that's correct, why would you use it instead of normal nail glue and in what circumstances would you use bonding gel?

I'm gutted that I can't make it to the show but I hope that there's someone ;) who can help.

Hi

A bonding gel is not a glue!!

Hi Louise,
According to Akzentz's web-site, a bonding gel is.....

"A thin viscosity Gel that bonds into the natural nail. Used with Modeling, Builder and Natural Gels.

Available in ½ oz and 1 oz sizes".

Can see how you made the mistake though.... I would've too!!lol
:lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

Cheers
Carol

Hi Louise

Bonding gel is applied after you have prepped the natural nail. It is applied very thinly to the nail and then cured under a UV lamp. You then apply modelling gel, sculpting gel or whatever gel you use. If using LCN it is called bonder, Akzentz call it bonding gel, etc etc. NSI dont use a bonding gel as far as I know they use Balance Bond which is different again.

Hope this helps.

Emma

plaoh said:
Hi,

I don't mean to appear thick!! :lol: but my question is, I take it that bonding gel is a type of glue. If that's correct, why would you use it instead of normal nail glue and in what circumstances would you use bonding gel?

I'm gutted that I can't make it to the show but I hope that there's someone ;) who can help.

Many thanks for all your help.

I was looking through the Alan Roy brochure (page 9) when i spotted this bonding gel. I assumed it was a glue because it was on the glue page! :) and comes in a 3g tube.

Feel kind of silly for asking the question now ;) Thanks again.

plaoh said:
Many thanks for all your help.

I was looking through the Alan Roy brochure (page 9) when i spotted this bonding gel. I assumed it was a glue because it was on the glue page! :) and comes in a 3g tube.

Feel kind of silly for asking the question now ;) Thanks again.

Hiya

never feel silly we have all been there dragon is from alan roy ask her by pm she will clear it up it may be a glue that is jsut called bonding gel like creative have one and they call it gel bond!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back