boo boo eyebrow wax!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hey there geeks, I know this is not nail realted but i just had to seek you advice on this one! the other day a woman came to me for an eyebrow wax. I used hot wax ( the one that goes hard then you remove by pullin it, no strip used) but the client said the wax was to hot and closed her eye tighly with a result the wax that was on her lower eyebrow then got caught in ther eyelashes!!!!! I had no choice but to cut her lashes!!!
How should i have sorted this out.

thanx in advance

Hi

I know that soloar oil works great when hot wax has gone somewhere is shouldnt. Not sure it would work on your kind tho.

What did the client say...?

i would have put a cotton pad over her eyelashes to protect from any messy bits of wax or put some vaseline oner them , as hot wax isnt exactley the easiest thing to work with :lol: , i use sugar on eyebrows as it isnt as harsh on the delicate eye areas, hth

You should always test the temp of the wax on yourself first, and then a very small area on the client to prevent this happening in the first place BUT there wasn't a lot more you could have done once the problem occurred

The range I use is Susan Molyneux and they have this fab product Aftercairfree oil which removes all wax residue - if you had something like this you could maybe have used it.

But yes, best to test the heat of the wax first on your wrist. I use a softwax to do the eyebrows and not the hot wax.

HTH

Hi, I don't often post on the board, but read your post and though I would reply.

I use Hot Wax quite a lot, but mainly only use it for Underarm and bikini. When I was trained, we were taught never to use hot wax on the face as it gets far to hot.

Shar said:
When I was trained, we were taught never to use hot wax on the face as it gets far to hot.
So why did you use it????

I always test temperature first. If for some reason it gets in the hair, all you need to do is put some oil on it (as well as a cotton pad) and sit it for a moment, then it should come right out without causing any problems.

I have some clients that swear by hot wax only, so we use it on faces but ALWAYS temp test first, like every1 else has said. Prob is it can b messy, so if something liek this occurs i always use an after wax oil, and it's cleaned up what has been quite sticky (pardon the pun lol) situations in the past.

Kimmi Rocks said:
So why did you use it????

Kimmi,

Shar didn't use it, CaroleP did ! :)

River

I've just started using a new product (sugaring) Epil Yar from Switzerland. It's kinder to the more sensitive areas and it doesn't need heating up, it's just ready to go. Great stuff and I use it on myself.

Pink Tips said:
I've just started using a new product (sugaring) Epil Yar from Switzerland. It's kinder to the more sensitive areas and it doesn't need heating up, it's just ready to go. Great stuff and I use it on myself.

Hi,

Is this the Sugar Paste that you use ?

I use strip sugar and would be interested in getting more info on the above.

River

Epil Ya is in a tub and just looks like honey wax, practically use it the same way too. I found it on the web whe messing about looking for stuff, and it's one of best things I've bought. Just wash any residue of with warm water.

They have an offer on at the moment, buy one tub and get the second free. You get spatula, after wax cream and strips all in a handy little zip up case. Real snazzy. Look on the website under google and put in Epil Ya. or go to www.body4real.co.uk.

Hope this helps :)

Carolep,

Did you train to do waxing hunny? It is definitley taught in waxing that hot wax should never be used on the face. And you also would have been taught to test the wax on yourself in front of the client.

Do you have insurance at all?

xxxx

I did my training last year with the VTCT, and they said I had to use both soft and hot was on the face so they knew you where competent in both. I had to be assessed ion both.:irked:

I'd use warm wax with a wax removal strip - the hot wax is a bit too hot near the sensitive eye area. We all make mistakes and then learn from them. I've had a few that I've learnt from. HTH'S

As far as i'm aware hot wax is more fro the delicate areas including the face as it dosn't adhere to the skin. Obviously the temperature of the wax has to be tested on the clients wrist first before application to ensure she is comfortable with the temperature.

But of my knowledge this kind of wax is best used for these areas including the bikini and underarm due to the sensitivity of the skin

when i did my brazilianHOT WAX training they said it was also ok for the facial area:cry: i dont use it on the facial area - but im confused noW....lol doesnt take much i know !

Pink Tips said:
Epil Ya is in a tub and just looks like honey wax, practically use it the same way too. I found it on the web whe messing about looking for stuff, and it's one of best things I've bought. Just wash any residue of with warm water.

They have an offer on at the moment, buy one tub and get the second free. You get spatula, after wax cream and strips all in a handy little zip up case. Real snazzy. Look on the website under google and put in Epil Ya. or go to www.body4real.co.uk.

Hope this helps :)

Hi,

The product sounds good but I do have some concerns.

Firstly, the product is available in the public domain and is also marketed as a home treatment.

If I were to use this on my clients, they might feel cheated and it might not portray a very professional image if I use a product that they can pick up for under £15.

If I then go and charge my regular prices, they would be very displeased.

How do you feel about this ?

River

Yeah, I know what you mean River. I'm mobile so it's great product for me use when doing just small areas like the eyebrow. Otherwise I would use my normal waxing system from Hive to do legs, Bikini wax etc... Its just a nice easy product that's ready to use from the tub without waiting around to heat a little bit of wax up.

Latest posts

Back