boo boo eyebrow wax!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose we were all taught different methods, e.g. sugaring is good for certain areas and hot wax for others. I prefer warm wax on the face but that's just me.

i did train, but my stupid instrucor showed me to use it! i did test the temprature, she was fine with it, until about the 3 bit was applied!

please explain suguraing to me

Carolep said:
i did train, but my stupid instrucor showed me to use it! i did test the temprature, she was fine with it, until about the 3 bit was applied!

when you say the 3rd bit applied, was that the 3 bit over the same area or not? If it's over the same area 3 times it will hurt.

Hot wax dosen't adhere to the skin so isn't stressing the skin so much as warm wax wuld over the same area. This is why it is excellent for these sensitive areas rather than warm wax. Obviously though when it says hot its notment to be peeling your skin off hot...lol

Carolep said:
please explain suguraing to me

Hi,

Sugaring is a much gentler form of waxing and is made from completely natural ingredients (sugar, water, citric acid and oil).

You get different types of Sugar Wax such as strip sugar (use a strip to remove) and Sugar Paste (which works in a similar way to hot wax).

Sugar Wax is used exactly in the same way as you would use any other wax, but the main difference is that it is really gentle because of its natural ingredients and the wax only adhering to the hair and not the skin. It is also completely water soluble which means you don't have a sticky mess everywhere.

HTH's

River

Carolep said:
Hey there geeks, I know this is not nail realted but i just had to seek you advice on this one! the other day a woman came to me for an eyebrow wax. I used hot wax ( the one that goes hard then you remove by pullin it, no strip used) but the client said the wax was to hot and closed her eye tighly with a result the wax that was on her lower eyebrow then got caught in ther eyelashes!!!!! I had no choice but to cut her lashes!!!
How should i have sorted this out.

thanx in advance
you could have uused release witch clean up was residue or some say baby oil and i know i have used solor oil

I was also told not to use hot wax on the eye area as its too sensitive and hot wax is obv too hot. not only that isnt it for coarse hair and you wouldnt have coarse hair on your eyebrows unless u shave them often!

I was reading about epil ya after reading this and they do not recommend it for face or bikini area.

I never use hot wax for facial waxing, simply because I was trained not to.

Even warm wax can feel hot on delicate areas such as the eye area and upper lip.

Oil will get warm or hot wax out. If you experience any problems with wax going where it shouldn't, just apply oil. Obviously, if the lashes are involved, be very careful as you don't want to give your client sore oily eyes.

beautytherapist said:
I was also told not to use hot wax on the eye area as its too sensitive and hot wax is obv too hot. not only that isnt it for coarse hair and you wouldnt have coarse hair on your eyebrows unless u shave them often!

I use a low-temperature, flexible hard/hot wax for all facial waxing - the brand I use is actually a lower temperature than most strip waxes on the market, and is much more gentle on the skin (especially when using oil under the wax). With facial waxing, the coarseness of the hair doesn't matter so much as the sensitivity of the area being treated.

I'd certainly agree that the old-school hot waxes (the ones that set rock solid and become brittle when they cool) are too hot and fiddly for facial waxing, but the new generation waxes have come a long way and are ideal :)

Same here Axiom. There should be no problem using hot wax on the facial areas but going over the same area for a 3rd time is pushing it :eek:
- there should have been no reason for it either.
It seems different colleges teach different things - still!
I hope your client isn't suffering, I would have been more traumatised by the cutting of my eyelashes :cry: - hopefully you can compensate her in some way.

KarenS.

=====

Latest posts

Back