Boo Hoo...gave Myself A Greenie!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
I think its a greenie...never seen one before..but it looks like a very faint bruise...its totally my own fault.....i picked one of my enhancements and there was still a bit left on...i tried to soak it off and i tried to file it off but couldnt get this bit off...so smoothed it over and slapped a bit of polish on to hide it for a couple of days until i could get some better tip remover as i think mines just total rubbish...i might as well be soaking my nails in water! whoopsie!

p.s...I would never mess about with other peoples nails like i do my own! lol :rolleyes:

We have all trashed our own nails while in the learning stage...but please don't think that its ok cos its just your own nails, potential clients may be put off after seeing your own nails in a bad state.

One of the first things I'd think if I saw a nail tech with something like that is 'Health & Safety!' and 'oh god what could they do to me!'

I used to get them when I first started getting my nails done about 6 years ago - not knowing any better. But more and more these days it's in the media, just like CarlaBarbie's post earlier about GMTV investigating Salon's. The public are more aware what to look for these days.

Touch wood, I have never given any of my clients this kind of a bacteria infection, but I put that down to my prep. Always using a hand sanitiser e.g. Coolblue, making sure all of my implements are put in barbicide after being used. Using scrubfresh and cleaning my files etc. All of these things add up.

If you get a bit of lifting and then stick it down with some 'shop bought nail glue' you've got to think what's going to be trapped under that nail! Especially if you've had a shower in between and water has got trapped underneath! Bacteria loves a bit of stagnant water in the house, so I expect loves it underneath the nail too!

Hope I'm not going off on one here! Just trying to give some advice. We know you're still in training hun, you're not expected to know everything straight away. But hopefully all of this will help you out going forward.

xx

One of the first things I'd think if I saw a nail tech with something like that is 'Health & Safety!' and 'oh god what could they do to me!'

I used to get them when I first started getting my nails done about 6 years ago - not knowing any better. But more and more these days it's in the media, just like CarlaBarbie's post earlier about GMTV investigating Salon's. The public are more aware what to look for these days.

Touch wood, I have never given any of my clients this kind of a bacteria infection, but I put that down to my prep. Always using a hand sanitiser e.g. Coolblue, making sure all of my implements are put in barbicide after being used. Using scrubfresh and cleaning my files etc. All of these things add up.

If you get a bit of lifting and then stick it down with some 'shop bought nail glue' you've got to think what's going to be trapped under that nail! Especially if you've had a shower in between and water has got trapped underneath! Bacteria loves a bit of stagnant water in the house, so I expect loves it underneath the nail too!

Hope I'm not going off on one here! Just trying to give some advice. We know you're still in training hun, you're not expected to know everything straight away. But hopefully all of this will help you out going forward.

xx

no its ok...i do know about greenies etc and how important sanitising and sterilising is..and like i say it was my own fault lol...just goes to show how easily it can happen! i thought the tiny bit of acrylic would be alright for a couple of days until i found some better tip remover...silly me..slapped wrist ive learnt me lesson....least i know what it looks like now! lol and yeah i know it dont give a good impression to potential clients in the future...but thats y i put the polish on..to cover up the state of me nails! lol.....i think i should try do mpre practice on my nail trainer rather than my own nails for a while! lol

Those nail trainers are fab....give your poor nails a rest for a bit. The stain wont vanish I'm afraid but the bacteria should be dead now that the air has got to it. The stain will just grow out eventually.

yes i will be giving my nails a rest i think lol the stains not that bad..its very very faint and just below the free edge so i doubt itll be there for too long thank god lol

Latest posts

Back