Boogie Nights Dare to be Dazzling #101

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teena_B

Reaction score
Hi
I bought the Boogie Nights Dare to be Dazzling set at Excel. I just did a nail with a clear tip (supplied in the kit) with #101-Staying Alive Powder tip & #106-Foxy Lady as the nail plate. The staying Alive looks to be just clear powder. How is it supposed to look? Does anyone know where I can get a chart with the effects shown? This doesn't look right to me! (Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I should sculpt, but surely this wouldn't make the effect of the powder dissappear?)
Thanks in advance as always!;)

I'm sure someone else will be able to answser this better than me, but here goes.

The dare to be dazzling collection are giltters and holographic pieces in clear or white powders and the glitter is not very dense.

The walk of fame collection has dense glitter and is ideal for using on tips.

How about putting a bead of each powder on the lid so you know what it looks like before you place it on the nail?

HTH

I use Staying Alive for my own P&W's and it is most definitely a white powder with subtle glitter. Although it is not stark white, I've never had it look clear.

hi teena, it looks like you got a misslabled pot. it should actually be glitter i a truly white base!!!!

if you call california nails tomorrow they will be more than happy to replace this for you

antony

Hi teena,

What i did with my boogie nights, is, it should have come with a piece of card stating the names of all the powders? Then underneath that there should be a heart shape? Get out all of your powders and some liquid and put a small bead of the glitter acrylic into the correct named heart shape, so you have an idea of what they look like, also great for showing your clients so they can see what they look like when choosing, hope this helps

Michelle xx

UPDATE

I called California Nails today, the nice man said he'd send me a replacement powder with the Walk of Fame set I ordered while chatting with him! I know I should have bought it at Excel, but my digi camera went wrong yesterday & I got a refund, so I now have some money that I didn't have at the weekend! Just gotta put up with my old basic digi for a while.

Also, I did what you say,Michelle, I put the beads on the hearts, actually enjoyed sculpting them!!! I'm actually having more success with the new brush I bought from Ez Flow (Your fault, Antony, I got totally hooked by your demo's!!!) Am thinking of taking shares in EzFlow if I carry on like this!!!

Thanks guys!!!

I know what you mean, Ant got my creative juices flowing as well. I have just done a set of three colour L&P overlay with some colours from their Rainbow Candy collection and Gemstone collection. Great colours all of them, just can't afford to buy any more at the moment.

Teena_B said:
Am thinking of taking shares in EzFlow if I carry on like this!!!

lol! i think i'll join you there the only products i got at excel were ezflow and some rhinestones from all things nails

Jess
xox

I ordered the walk of fame set Wednesday. They arrived Thurs lunchtime - but the dare to be dazzling set was sent by mistake! I called EzFlow, the walk of fame set arrived Friday lunchtime! Now that's what I call service!

Oh - my NSI certificate came today too, I've been waiting for it & chasing it up since I did the course on 9th August. Is this a normal amount of time to wait for a certificate? I'd like to know so when I do more training I'm not harrassing the company for nothing!

Latest posts

Back