Book help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
HowdA All,

I am busy typing away at a page for a very important TBA book where I have been asked to talk about this site.

I don't have a great deal of word count, but a lot to say. I am writing this post in hopes that I can get a little help here (its due tonight).

Tell me (if you can): In your own words (not aunt Bethas), what exactly is this site about? What exactly does it offer you or the industry? What in the hell are you even doing here ;) ?

Seriously... I can talk all about my intentions for the site... but at the end of the day, the site has less to do with me and more to do with you and the community at large (hence the shift from samuelsweet.com to thenailgeek.com). Comeon... let it out.

PS Dont think too long about it... My deadline is tonight and I will most likely trash this thread afterward.

O yea... you can always PM me instead of post it if you want.

TIA (Thanks in advance)

To me this site offers a lot of practical advice, guidance and help a bit like a reference book written by many of the industry's finest.

It's a meeting place for nail technicians to find help and assistance with their problems, to bash ideas about, to have a gripe or to have a laugh and to share successes and grievences.

It's a friend for nail technicians (as myself) working on their own, without a 'physical' mentor at work to learn from.

I rarely post as I don't think I've got a lot to say but I read it all the time!

I cant believe that nobody has taken the liberty of giving you some words but just in case they havent, i've PM'd you!

Hi,

This site to me is my Bible at the minute. As a trainee, its nice to know I can speak to professionals about absolutely anything and get a response from others who speak from within their knowledge and experience.

Dont know what I'd do without it, Im addicted..........

Without this board i would not be where i am today, a more confident very busy nail tech.

I can come here and scour the boards looking for tips and hints and looking for problems that i may be having , and if i cant find it i only have to ask and my questions are answered and im given the advice i need.

I have also gotten some brilliant ideas from here as well and find that i can answer my clients questions more confidently and with the knowlege that i have given them the right information.

My learning has not stoped in the past 15 months and i continue to learn more every day.

Sam what you have done is brilliant and i belive this is the most informative and friendliest board on the net.

Kerrie :)

The Nail Geek said:
HowdA All,

I am busy typing away at a page for a very important TBA book where I have been asked to talk about this site.

I don't have a great deal of word count, but a lot to say. I am writing this post in hopes that I can get a little help here (its due tonight).

Tell me (if you can): In your own words (not aunt Bethas), what exactly is this site about? What exactly does it offer you or the industry? What in the hell are you even doing here ;) ?

Seriously... I can talk all about my intentions for the site... but at the end of the day, the site has less to do with me and more to do with you and the community at large (hence the shift from samuelsweet.com to thenailgeek.com). Comeon... let it out.

PS Dont think too long about it... My deadline is tonight and I will most likely trash this thread afterward.

O yea... you can always PM me instead of post it if you want.

TIA (Thanks in advance)

what is this site for...............

Well ok you ask and I will give you my view on what this site is all about

The Geek site is the best way for Nail Techncians to share their highs and lows, improve their knowledge, tweak their skills and learn stuff they didn't even know existed........A lot of Technicians like me , work as a single operator in a Salon. Now this has it's plus points but also it's minus points. The minus point being, the lack of face to face conversation and idea exchanges with fellow Techncians, also troubleshooting questions...........The dreaded and "NOW WHAT DO I DO????."

This Site is not product related and offers every Liquid and Powder, Gel and Fibreglass and Natural Nail Care Technician good sound advice..........

So it doesn't matter if you use Star Nails, Palms, Alan Roy, Millennium, IBD, LCN, CND or any other make............If there is a problem, Technicians will be given help and realiable sound advice.

You will find advice on Education, Training, Competition Nail Application, Client Consultation, Helth and Saftey issue's, advice on Space renting, Licensing regulations infact anything, that is important to be the best educatead Technician you could possibly be.......

The answers are given by well educated Technicians, Master Techncians, Education Ambassadors, Master Artist Educators and the top end of the Industry tree, the likes of Gigi Rouse and Doug Schoon and many more.

There is a large selection of tutorials, factual reading on common myths, Quizz section that will test your knowledge, a Photo Album so you can share your Pictures with the rest of the Geeky Community, A Critic Section for the brave to have their work commented on and advice on how to improve their skill........and so much more!!!!!!.

But the most important thing is, it is not just a site , it is a community that cares for one another and shares the passion for their choosen profession.................Being a Nail Technician on this site is, being part of a big family of like minded people...........A family that does not always agree on every single issue, just like a real family doesn't always see eye to eye.............It's not the Waltons but it is more like theOzbournes............We are all different, we are all passionate about our believes, but we also have fun and laugh together and most importantly we like and respect each other globaly ....................

So in my opinion" THIS SITE ROCKS"and I wouldn't be the Technician I am today if it wasn't for the Nailgeek.com

This site is the best site for nail techs, It is a place to come for help and advice, As well as tutourials that are written by people who know their stuff.
The site members range from novices in the nail world to well know and top of their field professionals. The site is a community in its self where many friendships have been made and techs help each other.
The techs on the nail geek site, encourage each other and help each other, In this dog eat dog world, This is something special and rarely seen now a days.
I love the site the features, the members, the community feel and of course Samuel for making it all possible.
Thanks a Million x

Hi

For me this site is imformative and a great place to make friends and like minded people you would probably never meet otherwise. Its indispensable you ask a question you get good honest answers, you have a gripe and everyone has a good moan with you!

The Nail Geek site has given me a wealth of knowledge and support since I logged on in November 2003. I had completed a 4 day introduction course to Nail Enchancments and had some teething problems and thankfully found this site by chance..I have not looked back since. I get support, advice, tips on where to buy and much much more. There are some field leaders that come on this board and give their time gratus to help us new technicians become better, plus the budding field leaders and you know who you are I am sure..I could not have got where I am today for definite without the help of thenailgeek.com

Hi GEEK
This site is the best thing i have ever found, i don't post much as there is so much to be found in" search " and also the geeks are so quick to answer the threads.
I read with great interest all Gigi's and Ruth's posts, god i have learned so much from those two i feel like i know them personally ( its like having your own tutor to hand 24 hours a day).
Everyone on here are so friendly and would do anything to help a fellow geek, i have made a lot of good friends on this site and hope to make many more. So gmg your site is brill and i don't think you will find it hard getting info for your book (good luck with it anyway!)
Your site is the BEST!!

Latest posts

Back