booked my Creative Foundation course for March (Leeds)- only 1 BIG problem now!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flanakat

Reaction score
:cry:
I can't find a female model who is available and not either at work/doing the school run/too far away/won't drive on a motorway or round a roundabout (serious!) etc and I am over 1 hour away from my family/friends due to a recent house move and then another hour away from Creative Academy in Leeds!

Unless I get a volunteer I will have to take the only person who has offered and can be available (don't laugh) MY DAD :!: :!: :!: :!:

Now I know this is really sweet of him (and he would do it for me) but he is 6ft 4" 64 year old Pete Waterman look-a-like and I don't really want to be responsible for him walking around with nails longer than my Mum's! :lol: undefined

He has HUGE hands and I'm worrying that the tips will all be too small, as an example his wedding ring is so big it is off of the scale of the metal & wood rolling pin type ring sizer that jewellers use !

Does anyone fancy being my relaible model at Leeds - pretty please? ;)

17th March 2004 at 10am

followed by

8th April 2004 1pm

Thank you for reading this - fingers crossed

Flanakat
x

aw hunny! that made me grin aren't dads great :green: wish i could help if i was nearer to leeds i would be honered but i live a long long way away im sure one of the girls on here should be able to help out! good luck! ;)

If I lived neared I would have helped out.

I've been looking into where my local Creative Academy is. Everyone on the board can't say enough good things about it and I don't think you can have too much training.

If you don't mind me asking, is this a beginners course you're attending?

Louise
Mobile Nail Technician
ANT

Hello Flanakat,

I live in Leeds & have been thinking of doing the training too at Creative.
I'll see if I am able to have time off work to help you out. The only thing is will I need to try & keep the nails on or can I take them off after? It's just I am due to start body massage in Feb & I know I am not allowed nail extensions on. ( I could see about keeping them, if you do them really short)
Will you PM me the details about dates etc, & If I need them on till the next date?

Debbie

Hi Louise.......
I looked at your profile to try and help with your nearest Creative Training location.....but I couldnt see anything to say where you were/lived. :?:
I know when I was searching for help I contacted Creative direct and then I was sent a fabaroony booklet about the different learning routes......it gave locations and course content etc and I still have it now......
The Four Day Foundation Course is in my opinion superb value for money!
Although I had already attained a certificate in Advanced Nail Techniques at a local college and had (well THOUGHT I had!!!!) some knowledge.......there were others that had NO experience at all!
It was better that those of us that thought we "knew a bit" to basically forget everything and start again!
Im glad I did because in the four days with Creative I learned FAR more than I did in a 12 week college course!!!!! :rolleyes:
Im saving my Christmas pennies and avoiding ALL January Sales to do more training with them!

Flanakat.........hope it all goes swimmingly for you and if I was closer babe....Id be there for you!!!! Good Luck! :)

plaoh said:
If I lived neared I would have helped out.

I've been looking into where my local Creative Academy is. Everyone on the board can't say enough good things about it and I don't think you can have too much training.

If you don't mind me asking, is this a beginners course you're attending?

Louise
Mobile Nail Technician
ANT

Hi Louise - yes it is the beginners course I am attending - looking forward to it, so is my Dad ;)

Flanakat
x

debsi75 said:
Hello Flanakat,

I live in Leeds & have been thinking of doing the training too at Creative.
I'll see if I am able to have time off work to help you out. The only thing is will I need to try & keep the nails on or can I take them off after? It's just I am due to start body massage in Feb & I know I am not allowed nail extensions on. ( I could see about keeping them, if you do them really short)
Will you PM me the details about dates etc, & If I need them on till the next date?

Debbie

Hi Debbie

I will ring the Academy and ask!
Thank you & I will come back to you via PM when i get the answer.
Flanakat
x

Hi I know how you feel I went through the same problems when I did my courses so I know how frustrating this is for you, So I am only too pleased to help you out, I know most of the trainers quite well so if mention to them my name ie Diane Plummer Debbie Davies or Janet Walmsley they can tell you what i'm like.
Let me know whether or not you want me to just see you there on the day or if you have already taken somone elses offer up, I wont be offended good luck honey .
flanakat said:
:cry:
I can't find a female model who is available and not either at work/doing the school run/too far away/won't drive on a motorway or round a roundabout (serious!) etc and I am over 1 hour away from my family/friends due to a recent house move and then another hour away from Creative Academy in Leeds!

Unless I get a volunteer I will have to take the only person who has offered and can be available (don't laugh) MY DAD :!: :!: :!: :!:

Now I know this is really sweet of him (and he would do it for me) but he is 6ft 4" 64 year old Pete Waterman look-a-like and I don't really want to be responsible for him walking around with nails longer than my Mum's! :lol: undefined

He has HUGE hands and I'm worrying that the tips will all be too small, as an example his wedding ring is so big it is off of the scale of the metal & wood rolling pin type ring sizer that jewellers use !

Does anyone fancy being my relaible model at Leeds - pretty please? ;)

17th March 2004 at 10am

followed by

8th April 2004 1pm

Thank you for reading this - fingers crossed

Flanakat
x

Oh bless ya Good old dad bless him :lol:
Hope you find your model sorry cant help but just had to tell you your post made my laugh.

Good luck with the course
Take care Dawnie xxxx

Hi, how far away is the uni or a college of further ed may be able to help - just trying to think of areas where large amount of young people may be.

I have a contact at the uni who may be able to help but he is male but does know lots of femailes if you are stuck.

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back