Booking online

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkemx

Reaction score
Anyone got the book online system what is the best company to go with is it worth it?

Check out hive salon software it's really easy to use with 13 modules. 3 clicks and most things are done easy peasy. This cloud software is going take the industry by a storm.

Anyone got the book online system what is the best company to go with is it worth it?

I use salon iris which has a fantastic online booking system. We have had new clients from it who have landed on our website and ended up booking appointments. It's not cloud based which suits us as our Internet is so intermittent and slow but we can access it from any computer via 'log me in' so it's not a problem.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Style seat is very good. You can even accept payments and deposits, as well as select what services you want and when you want them. It's like your own website with space for a gallery, reccommendations and other information

Use youreontime.com. I love it and Gary is so helpful if you have any problem.

Best of all it's such good value of money compared to some of the others.

We use Booker. I love it! It's a full POS and booking system.
I have used Vagaro (nah) and Genbook (this one is just for booking and it's not a POS system)

What I like about Booker:

- credit card capture (we don't book without credit card. too many new client no shows)

- good inventory system, lots of options, you can even make your own barcode lables, which i just discovered.

- has an option of not showing who you are booking with. For us- awesome option. We work as a team, everyone is trained to perform the service using exactly the same technique (nails and pedis) so the clients don't have to choose. I tend to switch who does the client's nails so the clients build the relationship with the team and not a particular tech (when I hire I don't expect the tech to have "their clients" or following, they are paid hourly plus bonus, I do lots of training and support so it's fair).

- clients can add services for example they book a manicure, they can add IBX treatment, add a pedicure etc. Some systems like MindBody and Genbook don't have that option I don't think.

- Good reports. You can see what makes you the most money, how many services you performed, how each employee is performing (clocked in vs booked), but when it comes to printing, Vagaro was way batter. Booker reports print like poop (they print over a few pages, or you have to import it to Excel, it sucks).

- Booker can be linked with MailChimp account so you can email clients and you can choose who to email (for example: clients who has been at the salon in the last 3 months, who you haven't seen in 3 months.. options are endless.

- Gift card system. Love it!! Selling a gift card is super easy with Booker.

I don't know how I ever worked without a system like this.

It's cloud based and I pay about $100/month

They have an app but it's limited.

Hi there,

May I suggest Premier Salon? For more information, please do not hesitate to contact me :)

Good luck in your search and Happy New Year xx

Hi there,

May I suggest Premier Salon? For more information, please do not hesitate to contact me :)

Good luck in your search and Happy New Year xx

Hello Laura!
Can you us more about your the system? I'm sure others would be happy to learn more details :)

Hello Laura!
Can you us more about your the system? I'm sure others would be happy to learn more details :)

LOL! Feel free to email me or PM anyone.... I will be more than happy to give you all details you require :)

TIA

My web builder offers me a facility to accept online booking but I don't know the pros & cons can anyone shed some light?

Try simplybook
We use salon clarity on our till but have set up simply book which is free on our website it then emails us the request for us to double check our diary and confirm the appointment but you can use it as a main booking system (we will be moving all of our appointments over in due course) and it only offers free times and automatically books the clients in fir you and gives you the option to refuse bookings or ban clients

Here's ours http://www.aspirehairmiddlesbrough.co.uk/#!book-online-aspire-hairdressing/ckfa

My web builder offers me a facility to accept online booking but I don't know the pros & cons can anyone shed some light?

I had a client who found me on the Internet. When she realised she could book online she booked. There are plenty of salons between us and where she lives but she booked with us. She is now probably the best client ever. She spends a fortune on retail, has treatments at least every fortnight and has recommended no end of friends and family to us.
On a different note, clients love it. They enjoy sitting at home at night thinking about a treatment and the next thing, it's booked.
I always reiterate that if they can't get in when they want, call us.

I tried to book my daughter for a hair appointment. The salon was shut Monday and didn't open until 11.00 Tuesday. I wanted an appointment for Wednesday. There was no call divert, no online booking, no way of knowing if we could get in. Eventually we did, but it's a long time to wait!

As you're hair there are obviously limitations for what can be booked online but to me it has been more than worth it.
I still think it's amazing that I can wake up in the morning and I have new bookings.

We use salon iris and everything works in harmony. We have a link on our Facebook page to online booking, one on our website and we are just launching an app with online booking in it.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vagaro have the worse customer service I have ever experienced, a surprise seeing as they are US company. Some things were just impossible. PM me for any feedback. :( :irked:

Hi, come and take a look at Salon Tracker Software, we have free and unlimited support and updates! We also have a feature rich system where you can do anything from online booking and Facebook appointments to seeing what happens in the salon from home. There is a 14 day trial to see if it would help benefit your business first first. I hope this helps! Good luck with your search!

I just have a contact form on my website. It asks for name, tel, email they can select a day or time they want and it emails me.

I can defiantly recommend get timely. They do online booking, text and email reminders, stock control etc. I now have a book now button on my website and Facebook page. Customers love it!! Xx

Beauty and appointments are only a fairly small part of our overall business turnover so are any of these free?

Thanks
H

Hi. I work for Kitomba and we have a really easy to use online booking system that syncs with your appointment book.

If you'd like more info I'm more than happy to help.

Hi Guys

I've been reading this thread and see that your all having problems with different software company's, either not being transparent in what they do, or with their costs.

At Ovatu we try to over come both of these issues and more, we offer a free 30 day trial with no upfront costs and no card details required, so if you don't like the software you don't have to use it or live in fear that we have any of your payment details.

We offer free support and training to all UK & Ireland customers, we also support, IOS, android web application, the software is fully cloud based so you can log into it from anywhere at any time.

There is no limit to the number of devices you can operate on the software, as all of our pricing is based on the number of staff that you employ.

The software starts as low as £15 per month and we aim to do all we can to help you get things setup and running as smoothly as possible, what's more were not a company that just works 9 - 5 and makes you log a support ticket before we speak to you, you can call within reason all day no matter how small or large your query is.

Ovatu has also got the ability to accept online bookings live with your own diary and will notify you when a new booking arrives, from the online bookings platform you can also accept deposits and payments.

Take a look, the web address is www.ovatu.com the software is also available for download at the app store and android play store, and if you have any questions you are more than welcome to call our offices on 01604 238808 where we are always happy to help.

Latest posts

Back