Booooo To The Council!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hello - major moan here!

I'm having air condition fitted in my salon - I have got to get planning permission for the outside unit which sits on a flat roof and cant be seen from the road. Its going to cost me 140 pounds and can take up to 8 weeks to get - do they realise our short summer willl be over by then? do they realise my room is a sweat box? do they care?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

rant over - still thinking the council suck!

Hello - major moan here!

I'm having air condition fitted in my salon - I have got to get planning permission for the outside unit which sits on a flat roof and cant be seen from the road. Its going to cost me 140 pounds and can take up to 8 weeks to get - do they realise our short summer willl be over by then? do they realise my room is a sweat box? do they care?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

rant over - still thinking the council suck!
Can't you get some cheaper indoor units for this summer and get the planning for the external units as and when.....totally agree, council have lots of red tape!

Ooooh yes I know what you mean!!! My treatment room i rent while my salon is being set up is a sweat box too its awful aghhh!!! I literally stand there waxing and massaging trying to hide the sweat from pouring off me!
I've been looking into portable air conditioning units, definately going to get one if we get more hot weather, they're about £300 but suppose its worth it if it lasts a few good years, good luck!

my boyfriend is a plumber hence its not cheaper for me to have the indoor units! I have one which is water fuled and its pants doesnt make an inch of difference!!!

i just think its absolutly crazy that I have to pay that amount for an air con unit, and exactly the same amont if i wanted to build an extension!!!

Red tape, don't you just hate it? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

my boyfriend is a plumber hence its not cheaper for me to have the indoor units! I have one which is water fuled and its pants doesnt make an inch of difference!!!

i just think its absolutly crazy that I have to pay that amount for an air con unit, and exactly the same amont if i wanted to build an extension!!!

I'm not being funny sweets, but surely you would have thought about this waaay before now? is your salon actually open yet? did you have to apply for change of use to change the building into a beauty salon?

Planning permission and councils are all part of owning a salon I'm afraid! You wouldnt beleive the trouble I had just getting permission to change mine from a jewellers to a beauty salon!! 9 months! :mad:

x

We fitted a whole salon out.. including Air Condtioning units out the back (two big huge noisy boxes)... installed 3 phase Electricity.. put sunbeds in... built walls... as we were informed by the Estate Agent that this was fine....

.. then we got informed we needed Planning Permission to change Grade or something.. forget now... BUT we applied for Retrospective planning permission which cost us £280 and we got it passed. Was a very stressful time.

I'm not being funny sweets, but surely you would have thought about this waaay before now? is your salon actually open yet? did you have to apply for change of use to change the building into a beauty salon?

Planning permission and councils are all part of owning a salon I'm afraid! You wouldnt beleive the trouble I had just getting permission to change mine from a jewellers to a beauty salon!! 9 months! :mad:

x

my salon is 2 rooms above a hair dressers and has been opne 3 months - i dont know why i should have thought about it before???? i didnt realise it would get SOOOOOOOOO hot till i worked with it a while!!!

Check out ALDI UK: Offers, business hours, wine, realty, career They have an air conditioner on sale on Sunday 24th June for £149.99. It looks like its a proper one, with a vent for a window or through a wall. Would advise you to get there as soon as shop opens on Sunday. Often their specials sell out very quickly! HTH

Latest posts

Back